Kid reviews for Reboot, Book 1

Resurrected super-soldiers find love in exciting adventure.

No reviews yetAdd your rating

Kid, 10 years old January 17, 2016

Looking for a great book?

This book was awesome. When I first read this I knew it was going to be great! I haven't found a good book like this in a really long time. I LOVE READING!!!!!!!!!

Kid, 10 years old January 14, 2014

In my top 3 for best books ever!

A little spoil! This is a great book! Amy Tintera brings Reboot to the table and I think she did a awesome job on it! Language is an issue because there is some harsh training. A character named "Ever" is violent because of shots the doctors are giving her. Overall, it is a wonderful book that I would recommend for ages 11 or up because there are some scenes they would not understand or get the idea.

Teen, 14 years old Written bySam_softballunicorn April 6, 2020

A bit violent, but an amazing book overall

I really liked this book. The plot is well developed and so are the characters. One of the only things people may have a problem with though is the violence, and there is kissing and talking about doing you know what, but they never go beyond kissing in this book. There is a little bit of language, and it’s rare when it is mentioned. There is a great educational value as well, and has some great messages.

Teen, 14 years old Written byThumper's Mother December 13, 2015

Good story, NOT FOR UNDER 13

So, Reboot has an interesting premise, realistic characters, and a good story. On the other hand, it does have some scenes that would be disturbing or confusing for children under the listed age. SPOILERS: The scene(s) where Wren's friends are overwhelmed with the urge to eat humans, are really creepy, they were the ones that majorly led me to mark this as 13 and up. Other than that, Wren, the main character, is captivating, but she has self-esteem issues about her gunshot wounds, so obviously don't read the parts where she describes them if you're affected by that. Wren also has some... thoughts, yes thoughts, about Callum, that most children (under 13) will not understand, will think is weird... You get the picture. Also, a fair amount of characters die, which is probably hard for younger children to deal with. Overall a wonderful book, very hard to put down, but know your limits on this stuff. LOVED IT. (Hey, I did warn you that many people die, but the 'too much violence' is more for the parts where Wren's friend tries to EAT HER. Creepy stuff.)

Teen, 14 years old Written bySam_softballunicorn April 6, 2020

A bit violent, but an amazing book overall

Teen, 15 years old Written byJflores14 July 21, 2014

Action packed dystopia is sure to be a teen favorite

Fun plot, steamy romance, and violent themes makes this a great read. It is an original book w/ fun twists and turns.
CONTENT:
Violence: neck breaking, stabbing, shooting,etc. one boy even uses his teeth to chomp a piece of another boys arm off
Sex: steamy kissing in bed and sexual thoughts between characters. Talk of casual sexual escapades. People are rumored to have sex in the showers. Lots of desire shown.
Language: some usage of b***h, sh*t, crap, and damn. No strong language