All teen and kid member reviews for Rumble Fish

Teen, 14 years old Written bysexisadie1 January 8, 2009

READ THE BOOK

the book was very good and it inspired me 2 not drink, or be in any type of gangs....U WILL LOVE IT...
Teen, 14 years old Written byhicksbuilt April 9, 2008

a good freshman reader

Rusty-James’s only direction in life is to be exactly like his brother, Motorcycle Boy. Even though all his brother does is drift thoughtlessly through life. Rusty-James is stuck seemingly for the rest of his life in a crummy neighborhood because he refuses to rely on anything but his physical strength.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybibliophile November 11, 2008

Couldn't even finish...

Okay, I've read The Outsiders and That Was Then, This is Now, and I loved both, so I'm definitely not against S.E.Hinton. However, I tried reading both this book and Tex, and I had to stop because of the amounts of swearing. Within the first twenty pages of this book, there had been six or seven swear words. Tex wasn't as bad, but still high. I can't tell you anything else, other than I really wanted to read them but felt dirty after the first few pages. Proceed at your own risk! I highly recommend Outsiders and That Was Then, This is now (See my reviews for info)
Teen, 14 years old Written bygile123 June 24, 2012

truth of rumble fish

it's a great book for preteen boys who are heading in any direction. but know your kid before you give it to them. the message is great but hard to find. and perfect for preteens and up
Teen, 13 years old Written byRileyfitch02 November 27, 2014

Amazing book

This book was awesome! I read The Outsiders another one of SE Hintons fabulous works! This book does have violence in it! Rusty-James gets cut badly and "clipped" fatally! There is some romance in this story. Rusty James shares a few kisses with his girl friend Patty and talks of how they often tried to make out! Also Steven (Rustys BFF) is caught making out with a girl! There are a lot of references to alcohol in this book and some short references to "dope". None of the less this is an amazing book and I read it in one day which is crazy for me because usually I am not a huge reader! I thought this book was a great story of finding who you are and not being like everyone else!
Teen, 13 years old Written byNomacop January 1, 2013

rumble fish

Its good, but it is hard to get through and not memorable
Kid, 12 years old August 3, 2010

Great book with a little violance.

Rumble is one of my favorite books ever. it is really good and is, a little violant. that is my only concern. I think oter then that, it's fine. It's no worse then Hinton's The Outsiders. If you feel so, please respond to my review, I want to know what you think of it, agree, disagree, tell me! It's a wonderful book, but it makes you feel kind of crazy if you read it for to long of time. And tell me what you think! I need it for a progect!!
Teen, 17 years old Written byoctober1985 July 24, 2009