Kid reviews for Savvy

Newbery Honor Book is moving and thought-provoking.

Kid, 11 years old July 4, 2020

Amazing book!

This is a very good book. It does get sad and a little scary at some points. I think you should read this book.

Kid, 9 years old April 30, 2020

Magical and Inspiring!

This is a great book; it has fantasy and real life mixed together to form one great book, and you should definitely read it. It has humor and adventure, but it's not much like real life. It has two sequels about the main character's younger siblings. This book would not be the ideal read aloud story, because I think that it would be better for just reading to yourself, but if you like a little bit of magic in your stories, this would be great for you.

Kid, 9 years old October 6, 2019

YAY!

This is a very good book! Their is some romance, but mild so READ IT NOW! WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE? I SAID READ IT!!!!!! After you read this book, you should read the two other books in the series: Scumble and Switch. They are very good too.
Kid, 10 years old January 14, 2018

Recommended!!

I really liked this book. It was really awesome. One silly choice caused the whole book's sequence. I really liked Mibs' personality. I highly recommend it!
Kid, 12 years old October 31, 2014

Savvy By: Ingrid Law

I think that this is an amazing coming of age book. Any child who loves a great adventure (with a slight hint of romance!) would absolutely love this book. The way Ingrid Law writes and sets everything up, it makes turning the page an adventure in itself! I highly recommend!!!!!!!!

Kid, 11 years old May 3, 2014

great thought provoking book

I thouroughly disagreed by the intial review for this book, it had many positive messages about right and wrong, and thinking before acting that make it an inappropriate book for a nine yr. Old. I think part of growing up is learning how to make decisions correctly, and this book certainly emphasizes that.

Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus June 22, 2012

Amazing book!

This was one of my favorite books that I read as a tween (twelve). It never gets boring and I love the story. It's so original. I highly recommend you read it!
Kid, 10 years old May 23, 2012

Awesome for tweens!

There's definitely more content for tweens. In the book, there are at least 3 kisses (one of which results in the boy getting slapped), an ex-girlfriend who calls Lester "stupid", tatoos, a homeless man that the author insinuates is drunk (younger kids may not notice this), & Will's older sister is a little boy crazy. It's OK for tweens, but I would say 9 is kind of pushing it. This is a great book that I really enjoyed. I like that it's realistic in a way, but unrealistic in other ways. I'm just starting to be a tween & a lot of the content is perfect for my age & older. There's so much to the story that makes for extremely interesting reading. I do think that the content I mentioned above makes the book more interesting.

Kid, 11 years old February 2, 2012

savvy

i love this author and her books even though i think scumble was a little better but there both good
Teen, 13 years old Written bymini39 January 25, 2012

the best book for all!

This book is for everyone. its a family kind of book that doesn't have any flaws in it. every one will enjoy this book!

Teen, 13 years old Written bysammy4488 January 16, 2012

just ok

This book was just ok. I liked the whole magic thing, that was pretty cool, and I liked Mibs savvy. But for me the book didn't really pop. Don't get me wrong, it was good, it just really wasn't exciting and it lost me at some parts...a bit slow for me. I think a lot of young readers would like it but once you start hitting the 13 year old mark it starts to lose its sparkle.

Kid, 11 years old November 28, 2011

Wonderful Book!

This is a great book! I loved it. Kids who are younger than 9 could read it because it is not inappropriate but it wouldn't mean as much to them if they were older. It is a great coming-of-age book too. It is amazing and I really wonder what my savvy would be.

Kid, 12 years old November 17, 2011

Good read

I think that it could be bad dor younger kids because they might not understand the concept of a savvy.

Teen, 15 years old Written byChristian gurl May 1, 2011

I say 10+ It's really good though, it won a newbery award

They kiss in the pool
The he*l is mentioned once, there's a girl with a punk attitude with temporary tattoos

Kid, 9 years old March 24, 2011
Well

Kid, 12 years old March 10, 2011

perfect for tweens with an imaginative mind.

It is very interesting but some times the book just looses me especially when their on the road trip to salina.

Teen, 13 years old Written byKJT March 6, 2011

Kid, 10 years old February 26, 2011

Perfect fo tweens, but to confusing for kids 5 and under.

Best book ever! Perfect for 4th graders.

Teen, 14 years old Written byFun4Me January 27, 2011

Thought-provoking and funny

It was a well put together book. It was thought-provoking and I even recommended it to my siblings at home! I think all kids should get this book. However, you probably would have to bring a dictionary around when you read this book because they use some funny slang of some sort that might be confusing for some.

Teen, 14 years old Written byh8rPatrol December 21, 2010
This book is beautifully written and fun.