Kid reviews for Sense and Sensibility

Classic novel is rich in romance and humor.

No reviews yetAdd your rating

Teen, 14 years old Written byMayberry June 15, 2018

Sense and Sensibility

I didn't really like this book. It was somewhat boring.
Kid, 11 years old June 2, 2017

A Decent Book To Read During A Quiet Day

Some people may argue that this piece of literature is incredibly slow with some inappropriate scenes and gestures. I will have to disagree. I consider this book to be very educational to some pupils or any kind of student if they would want to better understand how the world worked back then. The book may only seem slow because of the "big kid" words and phrases inside the novel. You can always have a trusty thesaurus and dictionary beside you to find synonyms or definitions of the words! Besides, that would expand your vocabulary. I do have to concur with the argument of the inappropriate scenes and gestures. There are a few instances where some characters may speak about such things, but there are only a few. As a kid, I think that more people my age should take up classic fiction such as this. (If you enjoyed this book, you may want to read Pride and Prejudice, it's arguably better than Sense and Sensibility!)

Educational Value
Kid, 9 years old March 22, 2018

Classic book slow, but still great

This book is perfect to read on a rainy day or when you have nothing else to read. I was interested in reading a Jane Austen novel ( this was my first ) and knowing my mom, she’s less strict about letting me read adult classics (Homer, the Brontës) than she is about letting me read YA novels (John Green, Monster). So she let me borrow her copy of Sense and Sensibility. I specifically remember the first thing I did when I finished reading was run all around my house screaming, “Willoughby is a traitor!” Overall, I enjoyed reading this book and will probably read Pride and Prejudice next. I own my own copy of that book. I recommend Pride and Prejudice to tween and teen readers, and of course adults as well. Although it doesn’t have that much inappropriate stuff. (By which I really mean hardly any.)

Educational Value