Adult Written bycaitlin89 September 17, 2009

Really good!

I read this book and it broke my heart to see someone abuse an animal like that! I read it once and that was it! It was a great book, but I still can't get through it without crying!
Educator and Parent Written bymic9999 November 21, 2014

Shiloh

It is about a boy who finds dog and becomes attached . His parents found out and the boy gives the dog back to the owner. The man drinks and smokes and cheats. The dog comes back to the boy so he makes a pen for the dog.He puts himself in peril. A great book.
Parent of a 10 and 12 year old Written bydmjohn1 July 15, 2010

Contains some bad language, but overall a good book.

It is a really good book, but there are some words and phrases that my daughter is not allowed to use. There were even some that she was not yet familiar with. The language made her uncomfortable.
Parent Written byChavez.RC October 1, 2015

Great book

I think "Shiloh" is a great book for children 9 and up, because it teaches people how do animals feel when they get treated badly from their owner. And when you hide something that you don't want no body to know about. In the story/movie you will see how a dog(Shiloh) is treated bad by its owner(Judd Travers), and a boy named Marty try's to save him.
Parent Written bysandgirl November 27, 2011

Change Is Possible

It allows children to consider both sides of a person's personality/attitude. They reflect on changing for the good and to help others.
Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

A Must Rad For Grade 5's

It's a book that keeps you to the edge of yojur seat an easy disscusion novel and good to make a literature circle
Parent of a 1, 6, 9, and 11 year old Written bysjk72315 August 4, 2015

Teaches kids compassion

There are 4 bad words that need to be removed: Page 16 & 53 H***; Page 26 & 54 D***** Once those words are covered or whited-out we had no problem, children do have to understand there are not nice people in this world and that people abuse animals and other people; and we can do something about it.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byGoodSSJ May 7, 2011

Awesome Book

This Book May Contain Drinking,Smoking,Violence,And Language But This Book Is Still Awesome
Parent of a 8 year old Written bykittykatmka November 26, 2010

perfect for kids 8+

I LOVE THIS BOOK EVER SINCE I WAZ IN SCHOOL I DID A BOOK REPEORT ON TIS BOOK!!!
Adult Written byholleyfarms April 9, 2008
Adult Written bykaydee April 9, 2008

Awesome book!

I read this book as a child and remembered it when I had to do a book/movie analysis in college so here it is. Judd is the antagonist who keeps his dog (later known as Shiloh) from the protagonist whom is Marty. The whole story is the process in which Marty takes to try and get Shiloh and "save" him from Judd. There is some violence in this text towards animals. But overall it is a good book... a must have for any future teacher's collection.
Adult Written bystan9500 April 9, 2008
Adult Written byamosnmarie April 9, 2008

The BEST kids book Ive read YET

I love the trilogy to shilog its a great book my ds LOVES it!