Kid reviews for Ship Breaker

Ship Breaker Poster Image

Based on 1 review

SHIP BREAKER has none of the usual dystopian cliches

After reading this book a few years ago, I gave it another go and discovered I still do love the tight plotting and fantastic worldbuilding! I even gave it to my 11 yo (advanced) sister to read and she loved it. Book, that's the highest compliment you can get.

Not for kids

I read this at ten for a book club. Deffinately not for kids. There’s a desc of a dude getting ripped to shreds in some geers. Loads of swearing. It’s good, but not for kids.

Love It. But some minor issues

I LOVED THIS BOOK. Personally, i like things with violence, but if you/your kid doesn't like somebody brutally being murdered, or selling body parts, drinking (deals with a drunk abusive father) or minor swearing (damn, a**, hell, sh*t) then the book isn't for you. The book has GREAT messages, role model(s), and is also v. educational. Dealing with tough decisions, learning about kids around the world, or what might become of them. Honestly, one of the best books I've read. totally deserved the Printz Award and the National Book Finalist award. If you read it, I hope you enjoy it as much as i did.

Really Good Book, but Too much Cursing, Drinking, Violence

This is a really adequate book. Not great, but very good. The cussing is WAY for teens, being there about 50 dam-s, sh--s, he--, bast---d, and such. The violence is harsh, but still, a very good book. Can't wait for the second one. A lot of drinking aslo.

FANTASTIC, FANTASTIC, FANTASTIC.

Ship Breaker had me hooked from the very first chapter right up until the final sentence, where I finally decided was the only appropriate moment to release my breath. That said, I can easily state that this book was one of the most dangerously thrilling, gripping, and profound stories I had read in all my years of reading adventure and dystopian novels.