All teen and kid member reviews for Shipwreck at the Bottom of the World: The Extraordinary True Story of Shackleton and the Endurance

Kid, 10 years old April 12, 2011

a book you will never forget-wether it`s because of how boring it is, or the amazing true story

i read it for school and though it seems boring and like it`s dragging on forever, there are SOME exciting parts. I mean, try being out there freezing for months with a thin sweater (thats what they were wearing in the pictures). One part is pretty disguisting, this guy gets his toes sawed off with something like a butter knife due to being ..... well read the book. Overall, it is an amazing true story about courage, friendship, and believing in yourself. Shackleton and his crew deserve a big thumbs up for surviving ( I can`t believe they actually did) their unbelievable adventure and great teamwork.
Teen, 14 years old Written bylakesgirl January 25, 2009

very iffy book- okay- but eh.

This book was about a man and his crew that went through extraordinary tough gashes in life. It is like they are supers! When they went through all of this, they had to adapt to changes. It is when their ship sank that the book really got through to me. But how they dealt with it- and their snow dogs- and the penguins- and the whales- and the pulling- it was just all so very moving to know that there are people that care about things in this world and set goals. once those people's goals are set- up, up, and away! They fly to the sky searching for whatever they want to accomplish. Thank you so much- you should really read this book- it is totally AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 11 years old December 29, 2010

Challenging and Fascinating Book

the vocabulary is challenging. i just finished reading this book with my fifth grade advanced work class before break.
Kid, 11 years old October 25, 2010

Good for ages 10 and up. (May be a bit boring)

To me, as an 11 year old kid, it was okay but at the same time, BORING. Believe me, in parts it was fun, sad, and exciting, but in most parts, it was boring. I encourage people to read it though, it will help kids understand that they should never give up, have perseverance. :)