All teen and kid member reviews for Shiver

Teen, 14 years old Written byVeldori November 8, 2009

Beautiful, enthralling piece of literature.

This book is, hands down, beyond the slightest shred of a doubt, the most breathtaking, beautiful, solemn, heartbreaking piece of literature gold that I have ever beheld in my entire life. More so than Harry Potter, Maximum Ride, Silverwing, Julie of the Wolves, and Warriors put together. It has struck me to the core, more moving than any melody, lyric, or song that I have heard. In its entirety, this book is beyond comprehensive thought. I cannot express in words how I feel about this book. The writing has a smooth, lyrical flow, but the story in itself is complex. Fans are calling it the "new Twilight", but it is so much more than that. Twilight was literature junk - Shiver is the most beautiful book I have ever had the pleasure of reading.
Teen, 17 years old Written byMizKitty January 26, 2011

What was Ms. Stiefvater Thinking

This book is totally not on for kids 13+. The youngsters that read this book should know that sex is a bad thing to do at seventeen and eighteen. Also that they should never be like these horrible people that Ms. Stiefvater has written about. The few pages in the book that had the part where Grace and Sam had sex was not supposed to be in a preteen to young adult book. There are no details, which I guess is good, but they still aren't good role models. Their language is not okay for a thirteen year-old, though. The message that this book the Ms. Stiefvater has written sends out the message is that it is perfectly save to have boys sleep in your bed without your parents permission and have sex with them and that message is not okay. What was Ms. Stiefvater thinking. Wtiting a book with that type of material in a book for preteens, teens and young adults. It just infuriates me that some human beings are just so daft. Those are the only comments from MizKitty!!!
Teen, 16 years old Written byCiave December 30, 2010

Perfect for Teens

I highly recommend this book. Maggie Stiefvater is such an AMAZING writer.
Kid, 10 years old April 5, 2011
My online friend recommended this book and I'm 10 almost 11 do u guys think I'll like this book p.s. I know alot more than most 10 year olds and I am more mature than most. So tell me what y'all think?
Teen, 13 years old Written byLinger1 December 25, 2010

Perfect for young teens

I love this book!
Kid, 12 years old June 4, 2011

Scared ,about the DEATH of WOLVES

I think that the book is okay but it does have a few swear words within the book but i think it still has a good imagination in the book but i doesn't make sense if the book is called shiver and there are wolves in it then why does it keep on going back to school and home.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBookNookUnited January 20, 2011

Perfect for teens, iffy for tweens.

Teen, 16 years old Written byshinya.fan January 1, 2011

Ehh...

This book is really predictable, and to be honest, a let-down. It's well written, but it's just a fluffy romance. This website is horribly mistaken by labeling this as "horror." As the only horror this book contains is the predictable, done many times over plot. If you're looking for a girl meets boy, boy and girl fall for each other insanely rapidly book, with the occasional beautified "werewolf" thrown in, I guess this would be your book.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTwilightluver16 March 4, 2010

Great book!!!

I luved this book it was soooooo good!!! I read where theres gonna be another one coming out in July called Linger the second book in the series!!!! Also theres gonna be a movie coming out to Shiver!!!!! Im soooooo excited!!
Kid, 12 years old September 25, 2014

Awesome book for romance genre

This book was very poetic in a sense of writing, I very much enjoyed the book. Although there is some swearing in the book and also the main characters have sex, so it all depends on the parent whether or not they want their kids to be exposed to this but hands down I loved this book.
Kid, 11 years old October 26, 2009

a great read

i loved this book!!!!!! its so good. twilight lovers(like me) would love this book. you can relate to the charaters.
Kid, 11 years old May 22, 2011

great book appropriat for tweens

this is a fantastic book
Teen, 14 years old Written byB-Ball-Lover May 5, 2011
I love this book! My friend Trystian recomended it to me. I think that i have read it a total of 7 times. It is AMAZING!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byemqueen March 23, 2011

...

i loved this book! Maggie Stiefvater is an amazing writer
Teen, 14 years old Written by121charmed October 18, 2009

Perfectly paced romance story! Never read anything like it!

I'd really loved this book because it's not one of those books that's got loads of action and you can't keep up with everything. It's nicely paced but not that there's nothing going on. A really lovely, kinda sad, romance story. Not the average, boy meets girl story. Grace has been watching the wolf in the woods behind her house for years. But then she meets Sam who reminds her of her wolf. The struggle that they go through is what makes the book brilliant! They don't have much time together either which makes you fall in love with the character fast! Well worth the read.
Teen, 14 years old Written byridak November 25, 2015

A MUST READ!!

The best book ever! SO GOOD! U WON'T EVEN PUT THE BOOK DOWN! LEAVES U IN SUSPENSE! THANKFULLY I HAVE THE SECOND ONE ITS CALLED LINGER! SOUNDS AMAZING!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written bybablenati March 9, 2015

Shiver book

this book is really go because its not just about a werewolf its more than that its romance between a werewolf and a girl who fell in love. I'm not much of a romance book type of person but this book attracted me to it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytwistedlover123 November 5, 2014
If you like werewolves, then you'll definitely like this book. This book teaches you a lot about friendship at some points, and the perfect romance, in the sweetest way. They have one sexual scene, which is not described in any detail. This book is perfect for middle schoolers.
Teen, 17 years old Written byMyMyRa96 June 5, 2014

Incredible Storytelling

The writing of this novel is amazing. Stiefvater has a way with words like no other author--she yanked me into the story and I couldn't get out! I loved this book, although I wouldn't recomend it to younger readers. The story was okay (nothing out-of-this-world unique), but the delivery, her word choice, and her talent, made it an awesome read. Stiefvater knows how to write a good book--and if you're a teen who's into paranormal romance, than this novel is perfect!
Teen, 14 years old Written byJustMai1215 May 25, 2014