Parent reviews for Six of Crows, Book 1

Riveting, violent fantasy of flawed teens on a mission.

Parent Written byahuttoLMS December 5, 2016

A Wild Ride!

I have heard it said that this book is a mix between Ocean's 11 and Game of Thrones!! That is a pretty accurate description. The gang leader, Kaz, takes on the biggest heist, and puts together an unbeatable team to pull it off. Each member of the team has baggage and emotions and something different they are trying to get out of the deal. For some its money to buy their freedom, for some its to prove themselves to their father. The world they live in is gritty and mostly cold and unfeeling. Still, you can't help but root for this team to pull it off. Despite their sometimes wonky motivations, each person has a heart and a desire to love. It is important to know that the love interests in this book are not just guy/girl. There is a love interest between two guys that begins with flirting in this book and becomes much more pronounced in the sequel. Do with that what you will. That could attract you to or detract you from this book. There is some language in this book---a mild curse word every 5-10 or so pages if I had to guess. It was not so much that I wouldn't recommend the book. Overall, it is a great read. It is full of action/adventure with just enough angsty romance and unrequited love to keep you reading to the end. Bardugo does not disappoint in this Grisha Universe novel.
Adult Written byStudiousStudent March 24, 2018

Great!

This novel is truly great. But I would not recommend this to young teens. It is a very dark and violent story. There's frequent language all throughout this book, and it is there are some very graphic cases of violence throughout. Plus, one of the character's backgrounds is that she is from what is essentially a human trafficking business. So, with all of that said, I believe this book is best for an audience of at least 16 years old.

Adult Written bybrockblack July 27, 2018

seems fine to me

bad language is certainly a problem but if your kid is over 13 you should probably give it a go if your kid is younger and you are not too sure give it a try you may still consider it good though not too much moral conviction but the violence is not too bad. although the book does display nakedness it is not to an extreme level