Kid reviews for Stormchaser: The Edge Chronicles, Book 2

Violent, overlong entry in imaginative Edge series.

Kid, 11 years old July 14, 2010

Boon's rating

Gets very gory as it goes on. not for kids. (cute charcters that you can get atached to die)

Teen, 13 years old Written bycatwiz97 October 11, 2009

Great for Adventerous People

It was a great, easy read for me. I loved it and am finishing off the series.

Teen, 14 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

I would have given it 3.5 stars but the choice was between 3 & 4 so 4 it is

I thought this book was disgusting, the whole thing with toe taking was kind of sick for a children's book.
Teen, 14 years old Written bys.newton June 18, 2017

Great book for most kids

I read this whole series from about ages 8-10, and I loved all of it. I barely flinched at the violence at the time, but looking back on it there were some cynical message and lots of gory death and violence. I found the Gloamgloazer story arch delightfully dark and loved the world building and rich characters. The world of the edge is ever increasingly expansive and exciting and is one of the best developed worlds I've ever read. Kids will love the diverse characters. Although most of the story lines center on male protagonists, the creatures are diverse, and don't all fall victim to the trope of dim and brutal giants. The story does well by not having a good vs evil conflict, few characters are purely good are evil and there is moral conflict-without it being too much for my eight year old mind of the time to understand. There are plenty of strong female characters with really interesting story lines, and most children will see themselves represented in one character or another. I think this book series is great, if a little gory, but you shouldn't underestimate a child's ability to process new information and ideas. Some more squeamish kids might hesitate at some of the darker and more gruesome elements, but I loved it and so will most children aged 8+
Teen, 13 years old Written byBrowniesAndIcecream May 12, 2016

Complex

This book is gonna make you cringe.The way the plot is setup, there are a lot of gruesome objective to it. I mean who likes creatures that can lick their eyeballs?The series of books are cringing and gruesome, but there is something in it that may or may not catch your attention; it can be a bit intriguing.