Want personalized picks that fit your family?
Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.
Sure Signs of Crazy
A lot or a little?
The parents' guide to what's in this book.
What parents need to know
- Parents say
- Kids say
What's the story?
Is it any good?
Talk to your kids about ...
- Families can talk about Sarah's letters to Atticus Finch. What fictional character would you want to write to? Try writing a few letters to the character you've chosen.
- The author wrote a book for adults about the same family, focusing on Sarah's mother's crime. Parents might want to read that book and talk with their children about how they view the story from that perspective.
How would this story play out told from yet another perspective -- maybe Finn's, or Grandma's?
- Author: Karen Harrington
- Genre: Coming of Age
- Topics: Friendship, Great Girl Role Models, Misfits and Underdogs
- Book type: Fiction
- Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
- Publication date: August 20, 2013
- Publisher's recommended age(s): 9 - 12
- Number of pages: 288
- Available on: Nook, Hardback, iBooks, Kindle
Themes & Topics
Browse titles with similar subject matter.
For kids who love coming-of-age stories and strong female characters
Our editors recommend
Top advice and articles
Common Sense Media's unbiased ratings are created by expert reviewers and aren't influenced by the product's creators or by any of our funders, affiliates, or partners.