Parent reviews for Swim the Fly

Stereotypical boys, objectified girls, no redeeming message.

Adult Written byxhalieyx October 1, 2018

great book

this book has a lot of sex talk in it and it is kinda inappropriate but if you have already informed your kids of what sex is this book is really great. I recommend you reading this book yourself first before you let your child read it just to decide if you would like to let your child read it.

Parent Written byBookNerd4Ever December 13, 2014

Hilarious!

While this book has some mature content, it is a great way to grab reluctant readers in junior high or high school. While the goal that is the tag line of the book is certainly controversial, the actual content of the book is quite innocent, as the bulk of the story is made up of the attempts of the boys to see a naked girl, all of which fail miserably and hilariously. As an educator, I encourage my students to read books with meaningful ideas, however I think it is equally important to have books that are enjoyable for no other reason than they are fun to read. Not every book has to have a deep meaning to be worthwhile.
Parent of a 13-year-old Written byInvolved Parent... March 5, 2010

Terrible role model book for adolescent boys.

I am a father of a 13-year-old boy. His teacher recommended this book. My son actually asked me to read the jacket to see what I thought. When I read that the book was about a bunch of teenage guys wanting to see a naked girl, I was more than a little surprised. I read the book and thought it was very inappropriate for a middle school student to read for an assignment. I feel also that it was inappropriate for my son's teacher to suggest such trash.