Kid reviews for Terrier: Beka Cooper, Book 1

Satisfying fantasy crime drama for tweens.

Kid, 12 years old April 29, 2019

Boring

It has some swearing and adult ideas but is fine. Very, very, very boring and would not recommend

Teen, 15 years old Written byone_day15 August 19, 2010

Teen, 14 years old Written byWeeping Alys October 30, 2009

Very nice book. Every time I'm in P.E. and we run miles i think about Beka and Tamora Pierce's other characters' who are strong and just take the pain and keep going forward no matter what.

Teen, 15 years old Written byFantasyFiend12 October 10, 2009
I just finished reading this book and I can't wait to read the second one. It was an interesting story with strong characters and a nice paced plot that went at just the right speed. I'd suggest this book to any other fellow Tamora Pierce or fantasy lover!

Teen, 15 years old Written bybbucrazykeeper15 February 10, 2009

Amazing!!

Tamora Pierce is possibly the best teen fantasy writer of all time. I personally like her better than J.K. Rolling. Combined with the perfect amount of humor, morals, just good reading, and mystery, this book lets you imagine what it would be like to be a "puppy" (a young policemen) in "ancient times". As the main character is a girl, Beka, this is an especially good and inspiring read for any young female. I encourage all ages to read this incredible book.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDaine April 9, 2008

I loved this book

Tamora Pierce in my opinion is the best Teen Fantasy writer of all time. Her book "Beka Cooper Terrior" is my absolute all time favorite book by her.
Although I do believe it requires certain maturity, other than that it is a thrilling experiance.
This book is written in the journals of Beka Cooper. She tells the story of her addventures of becomeing a Dog, a person like a police officer those days. She is one of 5 children without a mother and father and was takin in my his majesty because of her heroic capture of criminals when she was only very young.
Beka learns alot about friendship, her mysterious bond with dust spinners, ghost pigions, pigions who carry the souls of the dead, and solves two of the biggest crimes ever to strike Tontrall.
Beka gets help from her trainers, friends and solves the mystery of the shadow snake, is he just a fairy tale or is someone now claiming the fear of the shadow snake as there own, and why is he killing inosent children in exchange for small tokens?
Beka also solves the ongoing crime of a power hungry, greedy cult putting people to death after they got him what he wanted, fire opals. They are precious gems that can hold magic and are very, very valuable.
Will Beka be able to do it on her own? Will she die? Who are these terriaable people commiting crimes? Why are they doing it? Will she ever become a Dog?
All of these questions will be answered but you have to read Tamora Pierce's book "Beka Cooper Terrior" in order to find out.

Love it!

This is a pretty awesome book!! It has a lot of really strong female characters and Beka is a good role model. She knows what's right and is very brave. A lot of talk about murder and slavery, so may not be good for sensitive children. The only swearing really is in their own "language" so you won't understand they're swearing unless you read the glossary.