A lot or a little?
The parents' guide to what's in this book.
What parents need to know
What's the story?
Is it any good?
Talk to your kids about ...
- Families can talk about the religious and mythological figures converging in the Other Land. What do you think of the way the author reconciles these diverse beliefs about death, and what happens after death?
- Even the beings supervising the activities in the Other Land don't understand life and death and seek to understand it better. Why do you think the author chose to make these characters fallible, like humans, rather than all-knowing and understanding?
- Conor's cell phone fascinates the denizens of the underworld. Do you like the way technology is woven into the ancient systems of the Other Land?
- Author: Ellen Booraem
- Genre: Fantasy
- Topics: Magic and Fantasy, Adventures, Brothers and Sisters
- Book type: Fiction
- Publisher: Dial Books
- Publication date: August 15, 2013
- Publisher's recommended age(s): 10 - 14
- Number of pages: 320
- Available on: Nook, Hardback, iBooks, Kindle
- Last updated: July 13, 2017
Our editors recommend
For kids who love fantasy and stories of the undead
Themes & Topics
Browse titles with similar subject matter.
Top advice and articles
Common Sense Media's unbiased ratings are created by expert reviewers and aren't influenced by the product's creators or by any of our funders, affiliates, or partners.