Parent and Kid Reviews on

Our Review

Based on 11 parent reviews

Sort by:

More Inappropriate than Interesting

The movie is very different than the book. I felt like reading this novel was like watching an R rated movie with middle schoolers. It was extremely uncomfortable. I am liberal when it comes to content in books, but I relied on the reviews from this site before using this book for a multi-age book club of 6th-8th graders. My 8th graders were mature enough to handle it but the content was NOT appropriate. Lots of sexual references and "curse words." To be honest, that was very distracting for my sixth graders, I doubt they even paid attention to the overall content. There is some violence but the sex consumes the content that it's hard to think about anything else. Strongly discourage for a middle school read!

4 people found this helpful.

3 people found this helpful.

So inappropriate

#Cassie x Evan

1 person found this helpful.

Good book

Very good book Contains occasional f***k from time to time, but overall a gripping book

A very good and inspiring book

The book was really good and I recommend it to everyone who likes sci-fi and fantasy. I guess messages such as "don't trust anyone" and how aliens are coming to take over the earth could be scary for some children, but that differs very much from person to person.

great

This book was amazing and I thought it was truly amazing how richard yancey created a whole new type of alien invasion. These seemed more plausible of a story because they

the 5th wave

this book was awsome!!!! my 12 year old boy read this and he loved it.

Amazing Book!

An amazing book about the apocalypse with much violence. The swearing only includes words as "damn" and "hell".

Too scary for kids

This book isn't so much about violence, but my son read it and was having nightmares about it. The creepy trust no one, theme is too much for younger kids.