Kid reviews for The Baby-Sitters Club: The Summer Before

Slow-paced but sweet prequel to classic friendship series.

No reviews yetAdd your rating

Teen, 13 years old Written byChickable2 January 25, 2012

Beautiful!!!!!

Gorgeous , it's just about girls growing up. Ms. Martin did a wonderful job but at the same time it makes reading fun
Teen, 13 years old Written byWriterGirl1233 May 21, 2011

Perfect for pre-teens

I read the series when I was younger I got this book and it was good I like the series better though. Its good for ages 7 orn 8 and up.

Kid, 11 years old September 23, 2010

Do you wanna' grow up and baby sit kids... Read this book

I just finished the series and i loved it

Kid, 12 years old March 31, 2011

Great Series for Tweens!!!!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this series! When I first read them the title "Babysitters Club", even though I love babysitting and little kids, made me wonder if it would be babyish or anything. I was wrong! These books are great, ESPECIALLY if you love kids, but even if you don't, it's great. I really don't have any concerns, the only thing is that sometimes the characters do things they shouldn't do, and once in one book a little boy gets "kidnapped" by his father (parents divorced) but it turns out to be less a big deal. However, the reader (I think around 9 and up) shouldn't get get "scared" or anything. It's really keeps your nose in the book!
Children with divorced or deceased parents might find some parts a little touchy, as Kristy often wishes her dad would come home and live with the family again, and her feelings about her mom going out with a guy she doesn't likes. Also, later in the series, a character named Abby often recalls her father's death when she was young. There's crush things and boys too, but nothing that would make parents upset; normal early teen stuff.
In all, these books are GREAT, so much fun, plenty of mysteries and exciting moments!!!! I love it!

Kid, 9 years old August 24, 2010

A great friendship storys.

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was a great friendship story. All the different girls had different stories and personalities.

Teen, 17 years old Written byProm Night March 26, 2021
Kid, 11 years old August 13, 2018

The best

This is a good book. Although i'm not into babysitting, i loved the book. This is the best book ever. So if your thinking about you or you child reading this book, get the entire series. You'll love it.

Kid, 10 years old November 17, 2013

the baby sitters club the summer before

make some a new life by reading this book.

Kid, 11 years old July 17, 2013

Is good

I think is is a good book for kids at ages 12

Teen, 13 years old Written bykiersd12463 November 18, 2010

its for 9-13

i think its good cuz i like baby-sitting