All parent member reviews for The BFG

Parent of a 8 and 10 year old Written byJojano April 1, 2011

Definitely a fun read-aloud

I read this book to my kids when they were younger (probably 5 & 7 yrs) and we all enjoyed it. They loved that I gave the giant a silly low voice when he spoke, and I spoke in a British accent when the Queen of England spoke. There was nothing questionable about this book. Highly recommend.
Parent of a 8 and 8 year old Written bylschlezinger January 18, 2011

One of Our Roald Dahl Favorites!

This is a delightful story of a little girl who befriends a gentle giant. We listened to the audio book during a recent road trip. We were all entertained, and charmed by that BFG who struggles finding the right words ("See Sofie, was I right, or was I left?)., but manages to learn the right things to do.
Adult Written bysoojin98 September 20, 2009

To the ungrateful people who run this website.

This is a very lovingly written book for practically all ages. It is a classic, a favorite for nearly every age, and yet you rating is the small empty 'Good Messages' Not an Issue." That is just unacceptable. In fact, almost all of your reviews are the same; unappreciative, empty, and totally ignoring the actual worth of the book. No comments of the writing's good things, there is simply nothing of substance, of clarity, of a proper review. I suggest you improve and make the reviews a little richer in detail.
Adult Written bytackyspoons April 9, 2008
Parent Written bytreat02 March 2, 2012

just fine

The BFG himself is very nice. The other giants are not. This book is well-written but may scare some. Other giants eat people and its very strange. There is something that refers to farts. Otherwise great.