Kid reviews for The Cay

Powerful shipwreck story has anti-racism message.

Teen, 14 years old Written byLoverofLiterature December 4, 2010

This story is "outrageous"

I loved this story! This story is one of my favorites when I had to read it in school. To the teachers and/or school board, this book is highly educational (especially for History), and focuses how race doesn't matter even if you criticized them from the beggining. Timitohy is a GREAT role model and helps and protects Peter even though he is blind. Peter starts off snobbish, but he becomes a better person throughout the book. It's a really inspirational story and if you believe your kids are mature enough, then you should allow them to read this book.

Teen, 13 years old Written bytherealAlexMason March 20, 2011

Teen, 13 years old Written bydiana nieto December 1, 2011

the heads up

THIS A GREAT BOOK!I HAD TO DO A BOOK REPORT ON THIS AND I GOT AN A+!
Kid, 10 years old July 19, 2011

scary

i had to read this for school but there is nudity

Teen, 16 years old Written bybrookiepoo April 19, 2010

BEST BOOK EVER!!!

BEST BOOK EVER!!! I HAD TO READ IT FOR SKOOL BTW 6TH GRADE. the first part of it is boring and stuff but when u get into it oh man its awesome!!!

Kid, 12 years old November 7, 2013

The Cay

The Cay is a fantastic book!It sends a message to readers.The Cay is about a boy named Phillip,and a man named Timothy,who are stuck on a small cay,and they have many challenges.Phillip is prejudice against black people,he doesn't really like Timothy.Timothy on the other hand thinks of Phillip as a friend.As you get further into this book Phillip starts to realize that it doesn't matter if Timothy is black or white.He's a very nice and caring person on the inside.So in this book you'll see that Phillip is trying very hard to overcome his prejudice against Timothy,and Phillip learns that Timothy isn't all the bad things he thought that Timothy would be.Phillip sees the world in a whole new way.

Kid, 11 years old September 23, 2010

Kid, 12 years old November 13, 2013

AWESOME

The Cay was a very good book for what it was. There were parts i liked and disliked.One of the parts I liked in the novel was when Phillip was learning to use his senses to imagine what the island looked like.One of the parts I disliked was when the hurricane hit the island and tore off their clothes.My opinion is if anyone wants to read a adventurous and touching novel they should read this book.

Kid, 12 years old February 13, 2011

Awesome Choice

Great book!

Kid, 12 years old November 13, 2013

The Cay

The Cay is a very good book, it sends a message to readers. The Cay is about a boy named Phillip ,and a man named Timothy who are stuck on a small cay together. Phillip is prejudice against black people,and Phillip doesn't like Timothy ,but throughout the story Phillip starts to get to know Timothy ,and soon becomes friends with him. Phillip soon learns it doesn't matter what you look like, because anyone can be kind and caring. Phillip learns how to see the world in a whole new perspective.

Kid, 11 years old November 5, 2013

bad spelling in book

it is hard to read because it is spelled wrong what timothy says.
Kid, 11 years old November 1, 2011

Life Lessoned Book

I have to say the book is pretty good! It can get a little hairy and racist at points. In the end it could teach kids at lesson of maturity,survival,trust, and sacrifice. Which I think kids, like me, should be comprehended about. This is coming from a guy who's 11 in the 6th grade too. lol XD
Teen, 13 years old Written bytinker0298 December 4, 2011

The Cay-An amazing/good and educational novel

As a middle school student i was reading it last year. It sends a good message but has spme language that is bad.

Kid, 12 years old May 19, 2011

Not that good of a book

This book was really boring 2 me i had to read it for language arts class and my teacher made my class see the movie which was boring 2 and most of the book talks about them just being on the cay their still on the cay

Teen, 13 years old Written bybooklover24769 March 9, 2010
I think it is a really great book. I had to read it for a grade in seventh grade and my classmates and I loved it. The Cay expresses the message "Don't judge people by the color of their skin becuase on the inside they are the same as you."

Teen, 13 years old Written bycaasha May 4, 2016

An amazing book

I LOVED this book. After reading this book for a while, you begin to feel like you are part of the story. I'd say the only part I didn't' like was the ending but hey, that's just me. This book is also great for teachers who do literature circles. I'd say, this book is a must read.

Kid, 12 years old July 20, 2011

The Cay Comments

wow this was an okay book. i dont even know where to start. kinda boring throughout, but it was kinda better in the end................ JUST KIDDING! AWESOME BOOK! :) :P :D

Teen, 13 years old Written byZark April 9, 2008

It was required, I beared through it

If you must read this book, it will be alright. Although it had its good moments, I was honestly bored to death reading it.
Kid, 11 years old April 24, 2010

Wonderful! :)

I LOVED this book when my teacher read it to the class!

Teen, 13 years old Written byCrynt May 12, 2010

A great book not to be judged by its cover!

i actually enjoyed this book. i was assigned to read this book for a project at school and WAS NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO IT, but i am very impressed and satisfied with this book! :D