A lot or a little?
The parents' guide to what's in this book.
What parents need to know
- Parents say
- Kids say
There aren't any reviews yet. Be the first to review this title.
What's the story?
Is it any good?
Talk to your kids about ...
- Families can talk about Becca's ability to hear "whispers" -- other people's thoughts. Do you think it's an important part of the story or a way for the author to hook into the popularity of teen books with paranormal elements?
- Families can also talk about Becca's decisions. She's scared and on her own at the age of 14. Does she make good choices? What about her mother's choices?
- Why do you think the author focuses on Becca's body image? What do you think of the way the issue is handled here?
- Author: Elizabeth George
- Genre: Mystery
- Topics: Friendship, High School, Misfits and Underdogs
- Book type: Fiction
- Publisher: Viking
- Publication date: September 4, 2012
- Publisher's recommended age(s): 12 - 18
- Number of pages: 448
- Available on: Nook, Hardback, iBooks, Kindle
- Last updated: June 20, 2019
Themes & Topics
Browse titles with similar subject matter.
For kids who love coming-of-age stories and mysteries
Our editors recommend
Top advice and articles
Common Sense Media's unbiased ratings are created by expert reviewers and aren't influenced by the product's creators or by any of our funders, affiliates, or partners.