Kid reviews for The End: A Series of Unfortunate Events, Book 13

The misery ends at last -- or does it?

Kid, 11 years old February 18, 2011

wrong facts

friday claims her father was devoured by a manatee but manatees are VEGETARIANS!

Kid, 11 years old May 14, 2011

good book

awsomeness

Teen, 13 years old Written bysillycomb March 22, 2011

perfect for 6th graders

Very good as the finishing book. The only better one was The Penultimate Peril. I rated this on for ages 11 and up because of the harpoon shot, the medusoid mycelium, and many of the characters die.

Teen, 14 years old Written bybubblest98 May 6, 2012

Best Book Ever(but not for everyone)

I have dyslexia and hate i mean completly despise reading always have and probably always will but when i picked up the first book for me it was totally amazing and an experience i usually dont get with books. alot of my friends have said that they really dont understand though which gets me upset because once you get into these books are a fantastic story. its not for everyone i have to admit that but i greatly encourage everyone to try and read it whatever age you are because i loved it when i was 8 and now that im 14 i still love the series and some of it for the same reasons but i also understand some of the subliminal messages better now that i have read it again.

Teen, 14 years old Written bysherlyn December 13, 2015

The Series of Unfortunate Events Book Review~ The End

At the beginning of the story the Baudelaire orphans and Count Olaf are on a boat sailing away from the Hotel Denouement. After a storm, the Baudelaires meet a girl named Friday. The island boss, Ishmael, introduces the Baudelaires to everyone who lives on the island, what they do on the island. One Central conflict in the story is that the islanders have to debate whether the 3 children should be kicked out the colony. A central them in the book is that the 3 children are struggling to find out the truth about the kids mom and a special ring. I thought that the book was a good book because Count Olaf was finally captured and the Baudelaire children got to find out a little bit about there mom in the middle of the story. I would recommend this book to other people because it has a very interesting beginning and if people read the whole series the 13th book would be very interesting. I gave this book 5 stars because I really enjoyed how the story started with a really big storm and they meet Friday. I cheeked in the box that this story has great role models because Sunny, Violet, and Klaus were able to go through anything together.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMarshall Murphy October 12, 2009
Kid, 9 years old April 17, 2016

The end

For the people who finished the last 13 books,this is a great ending. ( SPOILER) But it is really disgusting when count Olaf kisses Kit Snicket. Also the Baudelaires are now mature since they take care of a baby. Overall, I recommend this book to anyone who thinks the last 12 books were exciting.

Kid, 11 years old May 9, 2015

The Best Way The End A Book Series

This book will probably answer most of your questions and is amazing! The series is amazing!! However the movie was such a disappointment as they put 3 books into one and a lot happens in each book so it was rushed and should of had one movie for each book!

Teen, 15 years old Written byMostlysane March 31, 2010

Loved it! It has a slightly depressing plot, but it's still wonderful.
Teen, 13 years old Written byyodude606 June 2, 2018

Great Ending

This book had a great ending. (SPOILERS) Because it helped the Baudelaires believe that they could have their troubles resolved. I also like how they made Count Olaf seem more like an actual human that had emotions besides hate and greed. Like when he kissed Kit Snicket or when he helped her have her child. Overall this was a great ending of a great series.

Kid, 10 years old March 9, 2018

Really Miserable!

Lemony Snicket is a clever, funny, and strange author. The world is interesting and over-the-top in a good way. A bit mature, not as much violence as other books in the series, but overall good! Sad the series is over!
Kid, 8 years old June 16, 2017

Not one of the best in the series so don't under estimate Lemony Snicket

It is a bit boring though I really like Lemony Snicket's writing because you learn lots of random stuff, like about the water cycle. In The End, you feel like everything is going to be fine but it's really not!
Kid, 10 years old February 20, 2017

great end to the series

Daniel Handler does it again. this may be scary for young kids because the Baudelaires get shipwrecked and count Olaf uses a deadly plant on the other islanders

Teen, 13 years old Written byas352293 December 11, 2016

ok

This book was pretty good but not that great i would not let kids under 12 read it because, they might get scared

Kid, 11 years old July 13, 2012

The Unfortunate End

I think that A Series Of Unfortunate Events is a great book series to read and the last book in the series "The End" is a good book. I really does have some educational value to it, even though it is a book that is very different from others, there is no happy endings and there is very little happiness in it, there is no real positive message in it, but there is absolutely No: drugs and alcohol, no sex, swearing and more adult content. Like said, it is very different from other children's books and very well be a adult's book as well, it has no happy ending, even though it is the end of the book series, there is happiness. I personally loved every single world of it and it was one of the best books I ever read, but no children are going to pick it up and read it, it is because children do not know what a good book is anymore.

Kid, 9 years old May 14, 2012

Good

It's a good book... but very scary at some parts (see Beatrice) but good story though you have to read the first 12. The author does endorse it as horrible.... but I don't agree.

Teen, 13 years old Written byScreennameGirl September 10, 2011

For Mystery Lovers Nine and Up

This is a very good book for ages 9 and up! There's some violence, though. I love how the series ends with a big mystery that isn't solved. This book is great for those who enjoy mystery books.

Teen, 13 years old Written bysmallchikaa66 June 23, 2011

nice :)

i loved these series ever since i was about 7 and it took me time to finish all the books which i just finished the last one, its great i think you should read it

Kid, 10 years old June 12, 2011

Olaf Land ending

Friday is so stupid. IIshmael is the root of the trouble. The optite affects made them agrre with him. olaf being shot by the harpoon is not as violent as you think.

Teen, 15 years old Written byDominicboo1 March 29, 2011

Evil End

This is the grand finale to the A Series of Unfortunate Events. WARNING THERE ARE SPOILERS IN THIS REVIEW: Ishamel (Ish) is a selfish and dishonest ruler. In the end thanks to the Mycoid Mycellium from The Grim Grotto Count Olaf and Kit Snicket both die.