Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for The Final Warning: Maximum Ride: The Protectors, Book 1

Uninspired sci-fi adventure won't leave kids wanting more.

Adult Written bynayenel April 17, 2009

Awesome Book

I love all the series. This book is awesome and all my friends agree.( I have a lot of friends)
Adult Written byJjajhcnxhs June 6, 2013

A meh book,

This is a disappointment. The other books were very good, but now they are starting to go downhill. Children who didn't understand why the author of the review was mad about the agenda (global warming), is because most books shouldn't be biased. He is most likely a republican (yay!)
Adult Written byYoLeo November 10, 2011

YoLeo

Good book. Huge font. WTH? Fang, the last book to the sequel, was utterly disappointing. Angel experiment was the best. READ this book.

Adult Written byAkShadowbird May 22, 2010

This book is hard to say what is too young because its content is appropriate for all ages

Gripping story line as well as educational about global warming with out feeling like its being forced on you, in fact you don't even realize that that is the point of the book until the last chapter your so fixated on the adventures these kids are running into in Antarctica. There is a small amount of violence but less then was in the first three books. The book is written in a way that children in 4th and 5th can easily read, and understand maturity of this book can be understood by some 2nd and 3rd graders and the content I feel would still be appropriate. I like the format that Patterson put his chapters in(same in all Maximum Ride series so far) it won't over whelm children who struggle with reading the longest chapter I believe was 10 pages long but usually averaged 4-5.

Educational Value
Parent of a 7 and 11 year old Written bycrisleem August 27, 2009

Too hard for younger kids to read and maybe too violent, but good for those 10 and older....boys are girls.

I read them all. Then downloaded the audiobook for a long trip. We listened to them all. Even my 7 year old loved them. My 11 year old and her best friend did too. Great books. Bit violent but not the point it was inappropriate (in my opinion). Only sex is some kissing but not too graphic. Only described how they turned their heads when kissing....not anything more! We loved everyone of the Maximum Ride Books and hear more are coming....can't wait! The Global Warming message was a bit overdone but I don't think Patterson meant it as a political message. It's just what kids care about these days.