Kid reviews for The Final Warning: Maximum Ride: The Protectors, Book 1

Uninspired sci-fi adventure won't leave kids wanting more.

Teen, 13 years old Written byLordKarnage December 24, 2012

WAIT!!! DON'T STOP READING MAX RIDE BECAUSE OF THIS SORRY EXCUSE FOR A BOOK!!!

This is by far the most terrible Max Ride book. It is basically a pamphlet on global warming. I read this in one day during Hurricane Sandy. I still enjoyed it because of the characters, though. BUT WAIT! Don't stop reading the series because this book. The next book, MAX, is not as good either, but it is worth it to read the last 3 books, FANG, ANGEL, and NEVERMORE. These last books go back to the awesome action, humor and romance of the first 3 books. While NEVERMORE had a crappy ending, it was still good. So even though this book sucks, it's worth it to read the last 3 books, which are amazing.

Kid, 11 years old June 13, 2011

Rant on how awesome this book is!

Wait wait wait wait. That review is wrong! See, here I am, a kid, and I love love love the Maximum Ride series. Not wanting more? Ok, look. Don't listen to the adults who wrote the review. I mean, it's a CHILDREN'S BOOK. FOR CHILDREN. Not educational adults who think the plot is bland. And uninspired? PSH. I think, being a TOTAL eco freak, that's it is super inspired. While I must admit, it isn't the most awesome, spectacular book in the series, its WAAY up there in the sha-maaazing range. It's an exciting, heart pounding comedy that you won't want to put down. Trust me; 'cause even though I'm only eleven, I know my books.
Teen, 13 years old Written byEnderwiggin98 May 17, 2012

Team Fang!!

I don't care that this book wasn't very good, I still loved it! (if that makes any sense :P) yes it's a filler but it still features some of the best characters in young adult fiction. And I found it very educational, believe it or not! I love this series.

Kid, 11 years old March 11, 2012

SOOOOOOOOOOOO MAD AT COMMON SENSE!!!!!

MY FISTS ARE CLENCHED AND IM GRITTING MY TEETH I LOVE THIS BOOK SOOOOO MUCH AND I AM DYING FOR THE NEXT BOOK TO COME OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bytherealAlexMason March 20, 2011

READ IT

READ IT

Kid, 11 years old January 20, 2014

MFINAG

Good book, fights with other mutant creatures and robots. Dating relationships. One of my favorite books :)

Teen, 16 years old Written bysky9a9 November 25, 2013

Max

maximum ride is for 3rd grade to 9th grade or older

Kid, 10 years old March 7, 2012

Best books ever written!

Awesome!!!

Kid, 12 years old November 4, 2011

The Best!

I loved it!It'll make your eyes fly of the pages!!

Kid, 12 years old March 9, 2014

Save Yourself, Don't read this

Common Sense hasn't added the rest of the series to their website (there are 4 more books) but I will just give this entire series a review. I thought that this series was going to be epic and full of action, but James Patterson left countless of loose ends untied. It went from saving the world and epic battles to saving the penguins and polar bears! Not to mention that their super powers kept magically disappearing throughout the series, and I was done after reading outrageous conclusion to the series in Nevermore. I am, to say the least, disappointed. Like I said in the title, Save Yourself, Don't Read this!
Teen, 13 years old Written byKatnissRide1312 December 3, 2011

AMAZING SERIES

Great Book series, this one isn't the best one in the series, but listen... The other ones are awesome! Don't give up on the series!
Kid, 12 years old November 20, 2011

MAXIMUM RIDE RULES

(Have not read book 4. Actually review from books 1-3 and #5

Teen, 13 years old Written byShadowWolf July 14, 2011

A good but slow book needed in this series

This is a slow book, i will admit that, but it is the kind of book that sets up the rest of the series. Often authors are forced to make a book that is slower than the rest that sets up opportunitys for the rest of the series. Though it is slow, it does have the action of the rest of the books towards the end. Dont listen to common sense, stick you nose in this book!
Teen, 13 years old Written byAthena Keene May 6, 2011

STILL BEING IT"S KICK @$$ SELF

LOVED IT!!!!!! 9dont know whats wrong with these guys!) of course i wantred more i finished the whole freaking (what published as of today) series in 3 days. I was @ Borders like evryday after school!!! This storyline rocks AND SO DOES JAMES PATTERSON!!!! ((Oh and MAX AND FANG GET A LITTLE MORE INOLVED)) ((( im a hopless romantic)))

Teen, 14 years old Written byavidcritc February 9, 2009

beyond stupid

God. This book was beyond stupid. Maximum Ride is fun to read even though you know nothing is happening, but there's a limit! One of the first rules of writing is RESPECT YOUR READERS. James Patterson clearly doesn't. It's be interesting to have an interview with him and see his excuse for writing a book like this. I mean, does he at least have an alibi?
Teen, 13 years old Written byCrazy_Fanfictioner May 16, 2017

It's Great!

Not only is this book well-written and great for pre-teen and teens, it's also educational, like, how many of you guys knew that recycling one aluminum can can produce enough energy to operate a TV for three hours before you read this book? I personally love this whole series!

Kid, 11 years old January 3, 2017

The best!!!

So, idk why this series has horrible ratings like, No plot and, won't leave kids wanting more, cuz I KNOW I TOTALLY LOVED THIS SERIES I have read all 9 books and they are all sooooooo amazing. I seriously can't continue trying to describe maximum ride without getting overly excited and start screaming. There is violence but nothing an 8 year old couldn't handle. I started reading this series when I was 10, and fell in love with it. LITERALLY I REALLLY WANT WINGS NOW! (Just a warning there is some making out described in later books but nothing bad)

Teen, 13 years old Written byAlienLifeform August 1, 2013

Don't Bother With It

The CommonSenseMedia reviews have been very underrated with the first three books but I've gotta say they were pretty close this time. The Final Warning was a huge letdown after The Angel Experiment, School's Out- Forever, and Saving The World and Other Extreme Sports. The main plot was just the flock hanging around Antarctica thinking about global warming and Max getting up Fang for talking to some annoying young doctor, and to be honest that and Angel's mindless fall-into-the-crevice was about the most interesting part of it. I agree with CSM that it was pointless for Nudge and Gazzy to develop the 'powers' that are not needed at all throughout the rest of the series. If Patterson wants them to have such abilities there should be more of a point to them than filling up a couple of chapters to talk about them. If I'd known it was going to be this bad I wouldn't have bothered buying it. I wouldn't have missed anything. I was a huge fan of the first 3 books and they are still my favourites EVER, but this book was a waste of my time. The fifth book, MAX, also wasn't that great. Hadn't Max and Fang gotten together in that book would there have been any point in bothering with it either. This book has no real plot (who buys a sci-fi action $30 James Patterson novel to learn about Global Warming? We can find out about this fictional problem through the ABC on TV) and definitely isn't engaging. I read the first three books in 1-2 days, and this one was half the size but took me 5. If you're looking at buying this one, don't bother. You could skip right to the sixth book and miss nearly nothing.

Teen, 15 years old Written byMangareader101 August 25, 2011

Wasn't what I was expecting

Meh. I was expecting more from a maximum ride book. It didnt really hit home for me.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 July 9, 2011

Better than the previous two, and not as violent.

Still not as good as "The Angel Experiment"...makes you want the film version to come out sooner than 2013.