Kid reviews for The Fingertips of Duncan Dorfman

The Fingertips of Duncan Dorfman Poster Image

Based on 1 review

The Fingertips of Duncan Dorfman

This is a great book- interesting. Duncan is this normal boy who doesn't really fit in. But when he finds out that he can read with his fingertips, his world is turned upside-down, and he learns about how Scrabble should be won in a good way, by working hard and thinking, not by cheating, no matter the technique! Long live Duncan Dorfman! :)

The Fingertips Of Duncan Dorfman

The story “The Fingertips of Duncan Dorfman” a realistic fiction story,By:Meg Woitzer, Is a about a boy named Duncan Dorfman,and he had moved from Michigan to Pennsylivania .He went to a new school called Drilling Falls Middle School.Ever since Duncan was a little boy he had, had a special power.One day he showed one boy his powers then a whole group gatherd around . In the group there was a boy named Carl and he asked Duncan if he wanted to be his scrabble partner, for the scrabble tournament.Duncan wasn't sure if he wanted to join but be was convinced, he said "yes". My favorite part of “The Fingertips Of Duncan Dorfman” is the ending,it was surprising, because that was when Duncan finds out who his dad was. I think the message the author is trying to tell us is that,don't be bossed around by people. I think this this theme fits, because Duncan’s scrabble partner was pushing him to cheat.

The Fingertips of Duncan Dorfman

The Fingertips of Duncan Dorfman by Meg Wolitzer is a great realistic fiction book. It describes the life of a middle school boy named Duncan Dorfman trying to win the Youth Scrabble Tournament (YST) in Yakamee FL. In the book, Duncan moves from Portland, Michigan to Drilling Falls, Pennsylvania. There, the other kids call him mean names such as "lunch meat," until he shows off his secret "power." After that, a kid named Carl Slater invites Duncan to go to the YST because of his power. At the YST, Duncan meets many new friends. He meets a girl name April and her partner Lucy, and a boy named Nate and his parter Maxi. The book starts out slow, but then builds up suspense. When you think the book has ended, nope there is more. The ending makes you wish there was a sequel. The theme of this story is, an ordinary looking person might not be so ordinary. When Duncan gets to his new school, everyone thinks he just a typical person. But when he shows off his "power," people look at him differently. Read to find out more about what happens to Duncan.

The Fingertips of Duncan Dorfman

The Fingertips of Duncan Dorfman is a great book. It takes you on a journey to the Youth Scrabble Tournament where six kids become friends. Nate Saviano is a rich kid whose dad's dream is for him to win the YST. Maxie is his best friend. April and her best friend, Lucy, are looking for a mystery boy April met years before. She comes from a family of jocks and wants to prove that Scrabble is a sport. Finally, Duncan Dorfman is a Scrabble player trying to win money for his mom, and his partner is snobby Carl, who teases him, and is only Duncan's partner so they can use his "special power". This fictional story by Meg Wolitzer is a fun-filled adventure. Keep reading for the trap-in at Fun Swamp, the intense Scrabble games, and Duncan's first time on a skateboard! There are many things I like about this book. It has an interesting beginning, where you meet all the characters, has many adventures, has humor which makes it more fun to read, and has many surprises along the way. I think the theme of this story is friendship. Friendship plays a big part in this story. Many kids become friends and learn what it is to be a friend. What is Duncan's special power, and who wins the YST? Read to find out!

The Fingertips of Duncan Dorfman- book review

This is a book review on the book The Fingertips of Duncan Dorfman by Meg Walitzer. I believe the genre of this book is realistic fiction. This book is about a boy in 6th grade who had just moved across the country to Drilling Falls, PA, to live with his great aunt. In this new town Duncan only has his mom to trust. When Duncan discovers a secret power of his, his mom tells him to keep it a secret. Duncan disobeys her and shows the kids at school so that he can fit in and stop being called names. One kid, named Carl, tells Duncan he has to play Scrabble with him. Carl teaches Duncan how to play, and with the money Duncan earned from a cigarette ad Duncan and Carl go to the Youth Scrabble Tournament ( YST ). There they make a ton of friends. There are many adventures in this book including a run away skateboard, friendship losses, and being trapped inside an amusement park ride. Will Duncan win the YST? Will he use his power? Will his mom find out the cigarette ad? Read to find out! I like that in this book there is always an adventure- problem that Duncan has to solve. I think that this book was really good and adventurous. I think the theme to this book is: at the end things will start to piece together. I think this because of how the prize money was shared equally, the winner of the YST, and how Duncan learns the truth about his dad.

The Fingertips of Duncan Dorman Review

Today, I am writing about THE FINGERTIPS OF DUNCAN DORFMAN, by Meg Wolitzer. It is a realistic fiction book that follows three main charcters on their journey to the Youth Scrabble Tournament. (YST) This book is very exiting and has lots of drama. It keeps you on the edge of your seat. Each characters has their own personal struggles with the loss of his father. April Blunt lives in the midst of a family of jocks. Her family doesn't realize the Scrabble is a sport. Also, she remembers meeting a boy but knows nothing about him. Nate Saviano's dad took him out of school and forced him to master Scrabble so he could win the YST. THE FINGERTIPS OF DUNCAN DORFMAN definitely starts in an interesting way. It is filled to the brim with suspense, and the ending is definitely a surprise. I think this book is about trying new things because multiple characters tried Scrabble and it took them on a grand adventure! Overall I think it's a great book.

The Fingertips of Duncan Dorfman

The Fingertips of Duncan Dorfman by Meg Wolitzer is a book told about three kid's: Duncan, April, and Nate. These kids all have one thing in common, Scrabble. The kids go to the Youth Scrabble Tournament, all for different reasons. Meanwhile, the kids become friends, and discover secrets and learn new things about each other. In the beginning of the book I thought it was really boring, but by the end of the book I was totally caught up. I still think that the author could have written a few more end surprises. But, when Duncan's partner ,Carl, tells Duncan to do something bad at the tournament, I was all like, "Oh my gosh is he going to get caught?" But, you'll have to read to find out. I like how the author makes surprises, and twists and turns. Also, I like how she adds additional characters such as Andrew Tanizaki, a close friend from school, and other Scrabble players. I think the message in the book is, "You never achieve your dream by just sleeping, you need to combine dreaming with doing" I think this because they have all have a goal/dream to achieve, and to achieve it, they must go to the YST, they all said, "Go for the goal!" and they went for it. Will they achieve their dream? Read the book to find out!

The Fingertips of Duncan Dorfman

The Fingertips of Duncan Dorfman by Meg Wolitzer is a realistic fiction fun book book about Scrabble and more. It is mostly about Scrabble because they are either practicing Scrabble or at the Youth Scrabble Tournament YST). The book is about six kids going to theYST, but let's just focus on the main characte,r Duncan Dorfman. He just moved to Drilling Falls, PA. He has a special power that his school ''friend'' Carl Slater takes advantage of. Carl only takes him to the YST because of his power, read to find out what it is. I like this book because it has different points of views and it is so great you don't want to stop reading. The ending is a surprise! The books theme or message is to just be yourself because Carl was begging him to use his power but he didn't want too.

The Fingertips Of Duncan Dorfman

The Fingertips Of Duncan Dorfman by Meg Wolitzer is a fun packed book that you wouldn't want to put down. The book is about three kids and their partners who are in the Youth Scrabble Tournament, but at the same time twisting their personal lives into it too. If you like realistic fiction this is the right pick for you. This book tells the story of Duncan Dorfman, a kid with a special power, and how he is in the YST (Youth Scrabble Tournament). duncan lives with his mother and great aunt because his mother lost her job, and his father died. The book also tells the story of the friends he meets and their lives. In the book Duncan woks with a boy named Carl, who is his partner, to try to win the tournament, but Carl uses him just for his power. Some of the friends Duncan meets during the tournament are Nate, who is just playing to make his dad happy, April, who is trying to prove Scrabble is a sport, and Andrew a friend from school. After the first day of the tournament every-one went to Fun Swamp, and lets just say an accident happened. The next day everyone was trying to win the 10,000 dollar reward. After the tournament was over tournament was over a huge twist happened that changed the whole coarse of the story. I like the book because it starts out slow but quickly became interesting. This book has many ups and downs that makes you want to keep reading. Duncan is part of the reason the story is so good. He shows strength and courage throughout the book. The best part of this book is the ending, it will blow your mind, and making you wish there was a sequel. The theme of the story is You Don't Have to Win To Be A Winner. The reason I think this is because even the kids who didn't win were still happy for each other.

The Fingertips of Duncan Dorfman

The Fingertips of Duncan Dorfman, by Meg Wolitzer is a pretty funny book. It's a realistic fiction book. It is also a great book for Scrabble players and I'm sure you will like it. The book is about a kid that figures out he loves playing Scrabble. When he hears about the Youth Scrabble Tournament, he signs up right away. Will he win the tournament? Will he win the $10,000? Will he even find a partner? Find out in the book. What I like about the book is it is intense and hilarious. The character shows courage by getting on the stage and playing no matter what everyone thought of him. It is intersecting by how much is going on with lots of action. There are not many boring parts during the book. The theme is, don't be scared of doing what you like and, believe in yourself, and work hard at all your goals in life. You should always be brave in order to get farther in life.