Kid reviews for The Hawthorne Legacy: The Inheritance Games, Book 2

The Hawthorne Legacy: The Inheritance Games, Book 2 Poster Image

Based on 1 review

AMAZING EXPECT SOME PARTS

I only put too much sexual and swearing because this one has much more than the first one. Sexual- steamy kiss in the hot tub, strip bowling (one girl in her bra, guy is shirtless and almost takes off his pants) swearing- multiple uses of the b word and a word. Girls talking about boys a lot. (Kinda inappropriate cuz the friend asked “which boy do you want to fax”. She asked this multiple times) Also just a lot of romantic tension. This book didn’t really solve much more of the puzzle but it was great at building the characters and the love plot. Honestly hooked since the first book

2 people found this helpful.

1 person found this helpful.
I just finished it :') Ahem.... The second and third book are a teensy weensy bit more mature but meh Things to warn: some make outs drugs/drinking mentioned taking off clothes (not all cause it's just a game) That's all :) 11-12 yrs can handle it (If they are pretty mature)
The Hawthorne Legacy was one of the rare books that was even better than the first. It was incredibly amazing to read, and had an excellent mystery that keeps you waiting. There was more romance in this book than the first, but I think that it's fine for people ten and older if they are more mature (there was nothing more than kissing). There really wasn't a lot of violence, more suspenseful parts that made it feel "scary". I thoroughly enjoyed this book, and recommend it for anyone that likes to read mysteries.

first one was better

this book was good but a disappointment from the first one, it was very fast paced and an interesting plot. although this book mostly focused on the romance rather than the actual mystery. there are also some not so child friendly scenes like a very intimate hot tub kissing scene and a time where 4 characters played a game called strip bowling which involved characters take clothing items off. there are also times when the characters swear some censored some not. i recommend you don't let young children read this and i think i shouldn't have either but you do you it's your kid not mine.

Good enough

This book was kind of a drawn-out recycled version of the first in the trilogy, but it was good enough. There were plot twists and subplots to keep the reader from getting too bored. This book wasn't groundbreaking or particularly impressive, but it was good enough and it was something to read. There is a bit more physically romantic interaction than the first, but nothing too serious. If you don't mind cringe then this book should be fine. There is also a big element of riddles and mystery which is fun, but again, it gets rather repetitive after a while. The main character, Avery, is rather incompetent and seems not much of a character with a personality but rather a vessel through which the story is told. If you asked me what Harry Potter would do in various scenarios, I could tell you. I could not tell you what Avery would do. Regardless, it was good enough so if you're just looking for a book to kill time then this should do the trick.

Need a book rec anyone

I loved both this book and the first one and I would recommend this book to literally anyone who asked me for a recommendation. So good!