Parent and Kid Reviews on

Sort by:

yay

ok I read it I and I think it is totaly fine

Very Good!

The book really shows what goes on in a 7th grader's head about what their friends will think of them if they hang out with certain people.

Yay! It's a good book

It's a really good book. I like how the author follows both of the girl's lives instead of just one girl's life.

Dislike

PERFECT for girls

I think that it is very helpful to children that need help but just can't find help that is good for them.

i

Recommended for girls entering middle school.

This book was very good especially for rising 6th graders or middle schoolers. It has a very helpful message and is easy to relate to.

A wonderful story for ages 8 and up

I think this book is a wonderful story about good and bad choices of friendship and the issues some may have going on in school.

pretty good for this genre

for the best-friends-are-growing-and-changing-and-also-ditching-each-other-or-being-ditched genre, this book is pretty good. the author is just funny. i haven't read the secret language of girls, which this is a sequel to, so i don't know how it compares. but it stands on its own okay. i'd recommend reading the secret etc first, though, because it probably gives you a clearer understanding of marylin and kate's relationship. there were two things i thought weren't done very well. one was marylin's abrupt decision to stop being a cheerleader and start being her own person, which seemed a little too glib, quick and easy. also, the boy kate sort of has a crush on- i can't recall his name- comes out seeming kind of like a jerk even though he clearly isn't supposed to be. other than that- it's really good. i love kate.