All parent member reviews for The Last Olympian: Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Book 5

Parent of a 2, 4, 6, and 8 year old Written byjennwhitmer October 14, 2010

I enjoyed the story, and it's action packed. The biggest problem is with the way the demigods were conceived. There is a lot of talk about the gods sleeping with humans to make the demigods. Until your child is ready to understand babies out of marriage, this book isn't for him.
Adult Written byDrSpongebob January 21, 2010

Best Conclusion Ever Since LOTR 3

The title says it all. This is one of the best conclusions to a series I have read since Lord of the Rings. Definitely more violent than the others, it is a very good book that really made me sad that the series was over. It gives lots of messages throughout the entire book involving friendship, and standing up for what you believe. If you son or you like the other books you are going to go bananas over this one. Enjoy!^_^
Parent of a 7 and 10 year old Written bystuhlly December 9, 2009

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Adult Written byunknown person June 10, 2011

Percy Jackson's final book

The final installment to an acclaimed series, The Last Olympian is a novel full of action and suspense. A lot of violence throughout the book, though, and a little of parent guidance may be needed. A breathtaking book.
Parent of a 6, 8, and 10 year old Written bypebchristian March 23, 2010

The best in the series

Very enjoyable. An excellant twist with Greek mythology. This was by far the best in the series. It is way better than Harry Potter.
Parent Written bycatsforpeace@aol.com May 18, 2011

my whole family loved the whole series. My son is now soooo into mythology. LOVE IT........??
Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written bymartalowe February 25, 2011

Percy jackson series ROCKS!!!:)

Love it . the climax is chop full if anxiety. ITS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):
Adult Written byJustin 974 October 29, 2010

This game is great for pre-teens and above.

Great book. But, I don't want to say too much about it because I don't want to spoil it for you. YOU HAVE TO READ IT!!!!!!!!
Adult Written byhumberto September 18, 2009

The book is totally perfect, every one should read it.
Parent of a 10 and 13 year old Written bycasandreas July 1, 2009

Great for tweens and up!

This whole series is a great introduction to the whole world of Greek mythology. The main character, Percy Jackson, is a good role model, always striving to do the right thing and live up to what it is supposed to mean to be a 'hero". There are positive messages concerning friendship and family, and for parents, a warning to show their children they love them especially during the difficult teen years when you might suppose a child doesn't want to hear that sort of thing.
Adult Written byBlooper September 4, 2010

This book is extremely environmental, and wastes so much time trying to get kids to think about "saving the wild" instead of family values, morals, and other way more important stuff. If the author takes time to try to get an idea into a child's head, I would like to think it is one that is worth while.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byohya August 21, 2010

amazing
Parent of a 4 and 9 year old Written byironman2 May 17, 2010

Parent Written bycommonsensek July 1, 2015

By Percy Jackson Fan

I think people should read this book because it's a really good book with good details , and it's really fun. They would need to read the other books before reading this book, otherwise it will not make sense. My favorite part about the book is when Percy goes in the river, Stix.
Parent Written byunknown65917 January 24, 2015

Very good book, but a lot of violence and war, as well as death. More sadness and steaminess than before. The teenagers are growing up, so there is more love, kissing, etc. Many deaths and sad explanations of the characters' stories and childhoods.
Parent of a 10 year old Written bylana Noel October 31, 2009