Kid reviews for The Light in Hidden Places

The Light in Hidden Places Poster Image

Based on 1 review

Great Book

I loved this book it is my favorite World War Two novel. It shows how brave you can be even when the odds are against you.

Great Book

Just Wow. Beautiful, Stunning, and Impeccably, Harrowingly, Perfect.

This is, as I said above, harrowing and stunning. The writing and tone of the book are perfections in itself, but when you add the layer of truth, when you add the real Stefi's memories, and terrors, it just turns into something magical. Something powerful. A story that cannot go unrecognized, or unread. It is the most insightful, truthful, moving, and powerful WWII book (or movie) I have ever read, and it shocks me. I cried, I laughed, and I just sat, contemplating this miraculous, terrible, and beautiful story I was lucky enough to find. You are losing if you don't read this book You will have missed something so special, so meaningful. You will have missed a story like no other, a story of one of the most truthful yet unbelievably perfect, in its elegant, flowing execution, and the power of the story. The real depth of this book comes from the fact that IT IS TRUE. That this teenage girl had the bravery and strength to change the lives, to save the lives of strangers that she didn't even share beliefs with. She saw things, she did things, she knew things that only a real Holocaust survivor would. And she gave it to us. She gave her story, with its secrets and magic and terror, to us. So we can understand what really happened, how it really felt, what it really was. We can never experience what it was like in that time and place, but we can read this story, and that's as close as we are going to get. Also, this has the MOST AMAZING female heroine EVER WRITTEN. She is the PERFECT role model, AND SHE IS REAL!! You can find photos, interviews, and more (she met presidents and was on Oprah Winfrey's show, and much else after she escaped with her story). As far as maturity goes, this book is, while lacking in swear words, written with a young adult as the main character, and IN THE HOLOCAUST. So expect some graphic gore (though it is only the truth) some rude sexual behavior from some of the Nazi party, a medical procedure that I will not go into detail about, and just the fact that this is a true story from WWII. But a 12-year-old will be able to handle it, and a mature 11-year-old too. I hope you read it. Keep some tissues handy.

Absolute Favorite WW 2 NOVEL Ever!!

Tells the tale of a Catholic girl who ends up housing 13 jews, Nazi officers, and German nurses. It truly is an amazing depiction of resilience and love during the hardest of times. My complete favorite story. PLUS it is based on real story. The back of the book includes more information about the character's real lives. Some of them are still alive today!

Highly recommend

The best book I've ever read, I couldn't put it down! I finished it and then proceeded to reread it two more times!! I would say depending on how exposed you/your kid is to the events of the holocaust would decide whether it's an appropriate book. The author accurately depicts events and violent atrocities. At one point Stefania goes to a police man's house for dinner, under the auspice of learning whether he knows about her hiding Jews. It comes to light he lured her there with inappropriate intentions. I think it is a good lesson because, after she learns what he intended she beraded him and never spoke to him again. The books is very emotional and powerful. I highly recommend reading it.

I love it, a great true story.

A great true educational story. I am obsessed with WWII stories, and this one is one of my favorites. Things are a bit slow at first, but once it gets going it’s hard to put down!

Amazing and addicting to read

This book is so great. It's actually addicting to read and is very hard to stop. Although, at times it can be hard to follow but it gets better as it goes on. I'm giving this book only four stars because it was very slow in the beginning. This book goes to show how evil Hitler and his Nazis were. They were completely heartless towards the Jews. There is a ton of violence and deaths, mention of pregnant girls that aren't married, some kissing, and a lot of men flirt with Stefania because she's pretty, even though she's disgusted. Max is amazing, let me just say. Read this book! It is educational, heartbreaking, well-written, and totally worth it. Stefania is a great role model, and Helena is one of the smartest, most brave six-year-olds in history.