Kid reviews for The Lightning Thief: Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Book 1

The Lightning Thief: Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Book 1 Poster Image

Loved it! Got me into reading

I loved how the world building and the plot in general. I think this is a must-read for everyone.

3 people found this helpful.

Great book, with good role models!

Percy Jackson is a very god book series! One of my favorites! It does have a bit of violence, but most kids can handle it. I really like this book!

2 people found this helpful.
It's a really good book. There are some references to blood and stuff, but I'd recommend it for tweens and teens.

Life-Changing

Literally life changing and amazing. WAY better than the movies.

Must Read

Move over Harry Potter. The Percy Jackson universe is the best youth series out there. There is violence, blood, and non-bloody death (monsters explode into duct), but nothing too gory.

Definitely a must-read!!!!!

I love this series!!! SPOILER ALERT!!!! Do not read past this point if you don't want the spoiler. This book is about a 10-year-old dyslexic, ADHD boy named, of course, Percy Jackson. One day he goes on vacation with his mom and then his world changes forever. He is recruited into Camp Half-Blood and he learns he is a demigod (half mortal, half Greek god) son of Poseidon. I'm not going to give any more spoilers, but just know this is an awesome book! Just make sure to remember that this is a work of fiction.

1 person found this helpful.

This is the best book ever

This book is amazing. For parents looking for a book for their kids, this is the one. One thing I have to say is that the violence in this over exaggerated. Some parts can get pretty tense but the worst that happens in this book is that Percy gets stung from a pit scorpion which poisons him but he get back to normal the next page. Personally, I have some friends with ADHD so I really loved it when that element came up in this book. It also it a mystery book too! The plot is that The Greek Gods had children with mortals- Demigods- and those demigods are the heroes that help stop major wars- or even create them. The demigods are said to be diagnosed with ADHD and dyslexia because of their battle reflexes and their brain is hardwired to Ancient Greek. Overall, it's an amazing book with an engaging plot and storyline. Two huge thumbs up to the author, Rick Riodan

A MAZ ING

This book is one of my all time favorites. It has relatable characters, adventure and fantasy, and great mythology. It is an absolutely funny and amazing book. I wish I could vaporize my algebra teacher. Overall Oh My Gods this is good.

1 person found this helpful.
This is a wonderful book! I read it when I was ten, and I am still re-reading it! There is a lot of sword fighting violence, but it is a fairly easy read filled with hilarious comedy. Percy Jackson is a funny character, and his story is filled with adventure. Annabeth Chase is also a strong woman role model. I'm the only girl in my school who reads Rick Riordan, and more girls should. The last book in the series has a little romance, but the rest of the series is similar to this book, and you will not be disappointed!
1 person found this helpful.

Okay but had good role models

Had to read this book for school for an essay. It is okay. The characters in the book are good role models, Percy, Annabeth and Grover. It does talk about cheating on partners. Annabeth shows bravery and feminism and she is a great role model.