All teen and kid member reviews for The Lovely Bones

Teen, 13 years old Written byskiergirl202 November 19, 2010
This book is really really good. The book is very detailed in some parts(not the best detail as in concerns). But over all it is a great book.
Teen, 13 years old Written byvegetarianwrath May 7, 2011

Not for Little Kids

I am 13, and I love this book. I have it on paperback, and I read it whenever I am bored. While I say it is a very entertaining book, it may be disturbing for little kids and even adults. I love it, but you should have a certain attitude when reading this book, like being on your best behavior.
Teen, 14 years old Written bylilspikerchick May 9, 2011
I loved this book & the movie! As i scroll through the other comments, I see that many of the kids didnt really like it because it had alot of bad language and etc. But some books you read are going to have bad things in it. The book taught a lesson and kind of tied in with the author's own events she had while she was in college. It relates because YES she was raped by this guy in an alley that a girl was raped before and the girl died there. It tells you that you shouldnt always trust people even if they are your neighbors. MY teacher recommended this book to me and my mom went and bought it for me. She personally didnt have a problem with me reading it OR looking at the movie. I would recommend this book to teens because it does teach you an IMPORTANT lesson and its such a good book.
Teen, 16 years old Written byHoundLover May 22, 2011

Loved it!

10-11 is when you start to learn about sexual interactment. This book definetly has that! I am actually 10, and I read it... Loved it! I'm mature for my age, so I was aloud to read it... But other than that, I LOVED that book! It has a happy-sad mixed ending, and I cried. It showed that, to pass through life as a happy human, you have to let go of death. Anyways, loved it, cherished it!
Teen, 14 years old Written byTeenBookReviews May 14, 2011

Perfect for young adults.

I am 14 years old and I just finished this book. It's a great book even if it has really strong content.
Teen, 13 years old Written byiamjustinbieber... February 26, 2011

NO KIDS ALOWD

This book was sad, mysteriouse, suspenseful, gross, sickening, and great all at the same time. But jus to warn everyone due to languge and mature themes like sex, rape, and murder........ THIS BOOK IS ONLY FOR TEENS AND OLDER! NO KIDS ALOWD!
Teen, 13 years old Written byLiliac v. July 9, 2014

Not for kids

I seen the movie at the age of 8. It was ok. But the book is for more mature for kids.And may sometimes a difficult for teens and more with kids. 13 or 14 and up.
Teen, 13 years old Written byk1026am January 7, 2010

the lovely bones

LOVE IT!!!!! it was the best book ever!!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written bykvee123 January 21, 2013

Kids Just Dont Understand.

i am suprised that so many young kids are reading this book, i read this book when i was 15, and i thought it was a very uncomfortable topic to be talked about in such great detail. young kids that are reading this book probably didnt understand the whole rape seen, and thats why they think it was a good book.
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus June 9, 2012

Love it!

I loved this book. I read it when I was 14 (it didn't really bother me, but it would be better for teens older than that). I really loved the little paragraph at the beginning of the book about the snow globe.
Teen, 14 years old Written byisolabella January 13, 2012

Appropriate for mature audiences, know yourself.q

Over all a really good book but people should know before they read it that the book would be a bit disturbing for kids under 12 or 13 depending on their maturity level. I read the book and though it was really well written but that eeven to me as a 13 year old it was creepy and made me think a lot about rape and murder as in the beginning.
Kid, 12 years old December 26, 2011

Parents read the book first then let your children read

I am 12 and i love this book, there is not really age promblems just depends on the childs maturity. Sorry i know im misspelling. I think depending on maturity 9 and up but remember content is also a promblem. Parents i recommend reading the book first then letting your child read it. BUT if your child is sensative to subjects or doesnt even know what rape is then tell them to wait on the book or they can google the defination. This isnt just for teens anyone can read it but you have to understand it to really enjoy it, some teens are just to childish to even handle the book.
Kid, 12 years old March 23, 2011

Good, but not Great

It was... interesting . I will admit, not terrible, but not fantastic. IT gets boring as u go and has a terrible ending in the book to me... but that's just an oppinion
Kid, 11 years old October 17, 2010

Great for sick people out of their mind! NOT for kids!

I saw the movie first and thought "WOW! I LOVED the movie! I think i will try reading the book." I read it. I was shocked when i finished. It was TOTALLY inapropriate. I still can not believe we have it in our school library! It grossed me out. I can not believe my older cuzin is reading it. She must be sick and out of her mind....NOT for kids! I regret reading this book.... I rated it a bad=1 star I would really rate it 0 stars. And, YES it WAS that bad!
Teen, 15 years old Written byabbylyn May 11, 2011
My bestie is reading this book and she loves it. She is 12 and very mature. I think that if you are mature enough you are old enough.
Teen, 13 years old Written byEmilyB123 August 25, 2010

Iffy...

This book was extremely well written, but as Common Sense says, it is a very heavy read. Your child could get depressed by it and younger kids shouldn't be focused on things like this. However if you choose to buy this book, you will not waist your money. Iffy for teens 14 and up
Teen, 13 years old Written byorlyme April 19, 2010

Mature younger readers will be able to handle this

It was a very thought provoking book, and for a mature 13 year old, an acceptable choice.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTuesdayEcho February 28, 2010
I havent read it yet but my friends like it
Teen, 14 years old Written bykobukgirl96 February 21, 2010

to discriptive of the murder

i only skimmed through the sample because all my friends read it it creeped me out and was to discriptive it is not about maturity to handle it but if you are comfortable to read it
Kid, 12 years old February 18, 2010

Doesn't seem appropriate for younger kids, but still sounds really good.

I've never actually read it, except for the part where Susie gets murdered, and it was soooo creepy! It sounds really good, though.