Parent reviews for The Miseducation of Cameron Post

Story of young Montana lesbian is best for mature teens.

Adult Written bytobier July 12, 2015

Anyone who says the 'sex' scenesre too graphic are being ridiculously old fashioned

This is a very important, realistic book.
Parent Written byGoodParent11 February 15, 2013

STAHP OK

NOT FOR KIDS. NO

Drinking, drugs & smoking
Adult Written byRose H. February 20, 2017

Not as bad as the review says

Honestly, it's sort of ridiculous that Common Sense Media has rated this book as 5/5 for sex, because even though the main character has a sex a few times, it is never explicitly described, usually just skipped over. The Miseducation of Cameron Post is an important lesbian coming of age novel, and I have seen movies with real explicit sex scenes and/or nudity amongst straight people, that were only given 3/5 for sex. Titanic, which has a naked woman and a sex scene is rated 3/5 and 13+, and if the love interest was a girl then maybe it would be 18+ and rated for too much sexual content. Bridesmaids has a noisy, explicit, awkward sex scene with innapropriate statements bouncing mostly naked people. If those people were both men or women, I bet it would be rated much differently then a. 3/5. There is some swearing, self harm, and disturbing themes ( eg conversion therapy), but overall a great read. Maybe more 14+, but I wanted to lower the ridiculously high age limit.

Positive messages