A lot or a little?
The parents' guide to what's in this book.
What parents need to know
- Parents say
- Kids say
What's the story?
Is it any good?
Talk to your kids about ...
- Families can talk about the popularity of Sarah Dessen's novels. Why does her material work so well for teens?
If you've read Dessen's other books, how does this one compare? What ideas recur in her work?
- Sex and underage drinking are just part of the scenery in this novel. Do you find this portrayal realistic? Do you think there should have been more discussion of consequences, or do you like Dessen's approach?
- Author: Sarah Dessen
- Genre: Coming of Age
- Topics: Arts and Dance, Brothers and Sisters, Friendship
- Book type: Fiction
- Publisher: Viking Juvenile
- Publication date: June 4, 2013
- Publisher's recommended age(s): 12 - 17
- Number of pages: 384
- Available on: Nook, Hardback, iBooks, Kindle
- Last updated: March 20, 2019
Our editors recommend
For kids who love romance and coming-of-age stories
Themes & Topics
Browse titles with similar subject matter.
Top advice and articles
Common Sense Media's unbiased ratings are created by expert reviewers and aren't influenced by the product's creators or by any of our funders, affiliates, or partners.