Kid reviews for The Perks of Being a Wallflower

The Perks of Being a Wallflower Poster Image

Comforting

loved this book. The sensitive topics and charlies character make you really feel a connection. Its about a misread boy who finds his people, people who make him feel good about himself. the book is a gradual journey on charlie discovering who he is , and realising that always putting others before himself doesn't allow him to be present in his life. There are definitely sensitive topics that younger people won't understand or sympathise much with, so its best to read it until you're abit older. Amazing. there is drinking, smoking, mention of sex but nothing that stops you from picking it up

1 person found this helpful.

MUST READ!

The perks of being a wallflower is a book by Stephen Chboosky written for teens .this book is about a socially awkward teen called Charlie .I read this book around the age of 13 and it was impossible to put down .This book contains many mature themes such as sex ,drinking ,drugs ,abuse and smoking .I think that this book would be fine for kids above the age of 13 although some of them may not be able to handle some parts of the book .PARENTS LISTEN UP although you may think that this book is definitely not for teens , they obviously would know or will get to know sooner or later about all the touchy subjects in the book .You should let them read it because it has a literal over view of life itself and you can gain so much from reading it .In whole I strongly recommend it .

1 person found this helpful.
This is my favourite book of all time!!!!!! I love it a lot and I find myself quoting it all the time. It’s beautifully written and I got lost in this book.

Was way to mature for me. I was really good until I got to the more mature scenes (sex).

Amazing book for mature teens

This book is amazingly written and is a must-read for any teenager. When I read this book I was 13 and although there are some mature topics that were probably a little old for me at the time (including rape, sex, and lots of teenage drinking, smoking and using drugs), I think it is still fine for any mature 13 year old to handle. There are also a few swear words but nothing a teenager hasn’t heard before. Definitely recommend!!

relatable + emotional

its a banned book yes, but if your worried ab lgbtq, im going to ask,, why dont we censor straight relationships?? love is love. i get the drug use, but it shows the consequences in the book.

Absolutely changing

I’ve read a countless number of books and none have made such an impact as this one has. I suggest getting the 20th anniversary edition as the ending is absolutely speechless . On behalf of other’s with struggles and mental illness such as I, that this book is nothing more than inspirational.

Really good lessons

I'm 13 and I read this book, but to be honest my parents probably should've waited a little longer because it's very mature. It's still a really good story and one of my favorite books though. There is a lot of violence, sex, drinking, drugs, and smoking. I think it's a good coming of age story that all teens should read.