All teen and kid member reviews for The Red Pyramid: The Kane Chronicles, Book 1

Kid, 12 years old July 20, 2010

An Epic Debuet

I'll admit, I didn't like it as much as the Percy Jackson series. But don't get me wrong, The Red Pyramid is still an exellent book. Riordan himself said the only thing more popular than Greek mythology is Egyptian mythology. There are battles, there are monsters, there are gods and goddesses. Everyone who has read the PJO series won't be surpried. I think Riordan did a really good job making The Kane Chronicles diffirent than his other series. I got conduse maybe once or twice, but maybe it was because I was speed-reading. I also loved how Rick inclued magic in the mix. Percy fans will not be dissapointed.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBooks rule February 25, 2012

Amazing and Complicated

Rick Riordan has done it again. He is able to take educational info and turn it into a good story. So if you liked the percy jackson series than you should read these books. Though in my opinion the percy jackson books were better. The red pyramid is confusing and a little complicated. But all in all this was a good book and i recommend it.
Kid, 10 years old November 10, 2012

An Amazing Book

This book is an awesome book. It has great educational value, but can be a bit confusing with all the mythology. One thing's for sure, it's certainly more confusing than Percy Jackson, to say the least. All in all, this is a great book and I would totally get this book.
Kid, 12 years old November 27, 2015

It's for kids, but it's a horrible book in comparison to Percy Jackson

The book was a good idea, but it seemed like Rick Riordan just wanted to get over with it. But then again, it's a nice way to learn about Egyptian Mythology. My favorite is Carter Kane and Sadie Kane is way too overrated in the book, just about all she does is say how amazing she is at everything. I think both of them were SUPPOSED to be main characters but Sadie somehow always stole the show and her character is super annoying. The whole series turned out to be that way as well, all in all, it's a horrible book.
Kid, 9 years old June 12, 2013

A must read book!

The red pyramid is a fabulous book, you must read it, Especially those that are learning about Egypt.
Teen, 13 years old Written bydanechka365 October 28, 2013

In this book, Rick Riordan teaches kids about Egyptian gods and other things about Egypt. READ IT!!!

I extremely LOVED this book!!!!! I have been a fan of Rick Riordan for a couple of years now and i ABSOLUTELY LOVE him!!! I recommend this book to ages 9 & up. If you have a child under the age of 9, and they want to read it really badly, let them!!! If they LOVE reading and are good at it, let them. If they are having trouble reading at that young age, wait a few years. But I hope you let them read it sometime because this is a YES book! Hope I helped someone out there. Thanks ;)
Kid, 12 years old November 25, 2011

fine story.

it seems all of Rick's books have fighting in them somewhere. some mentions of food products and things. educational because it teaches kids a lot about egyptology.
Teen, 13 years old Written bynoveleater October 28, 2010

Overlong, but exciting look on egyptology.

I feel that this book wasn't as great as the percy series. It still has the humor, and excitement as percy, but still I felt that it was much too long. Sadie is the comedian in this one, and Carter is the annoying older brother, but you still can't feel sorry for him. Sadie and Carter have that great brother- sister chemistry that just makes you smile. Their are fun fight scenes, and funny characters. Another reason why this makes this book shine is the charm of Basta, the Godess of cats. She loves Friskie, and is a amazing fighter. I wouldn't be too worried about any inappropriate content. There is no sex, or kisses, just small cute flirting. The swearing includes bloody, it's British, and as long as your child knows not to say it in school, they should be find. The violence includes a creepy villain Set. There are battles with monsters with funny conclusions. Younger readers might be disturbed dying because of the father's mistake, and that the parents lied to them only because they had to protect them. As long as your child knows that you wouldn't lie to them they should be good to go. Any older readers won't have a problem with it. Now why I gave it three stars. I felt that it was overlong by 100 or so pages, in you know what I mean. I also didn't like that it felt too rushed, as if the author was trying to hard to make it funny, and charming like his Percy series. Because of this, it loses the charm that I really enjoyed about percy. Thank you, and enjoy!
Kid, 12 years old September 24, 2010
Rick Riordan is now my favorite author! After I finished this book, I had to read the Percy Jackson series! I love how much thought and research was put into the book. It's amazing the way that he brings the Egyptian mythology to a modern world with modern humor. GREAT book to read. I loved it!
Kid, 9 years old May 5, 2014

GREAT!!

You can learn from others mistakes, Learn about the cool Egyptian gods, laugh about carter & sadies funny mistakes, And find it all on possibly only a single page! you should try your best to get the rest of the Kane series!
Teen, 15 years old Written bymlee0607 November 14, 2013

I thought it was going to be a bad book then.....

At first i read like one-fourth of the book and was like.......really? Egyptian mythology.....this is dumb. I put it off for like a year and then was like, who cares and read it anyways. I finished the book like that and was like. "HOLY MOTHER OF EGYPTIAN GODS, WHAT DID I JUST READ?!?!?!?!?". So after all i liked the Egyptian mythology integration and it was just absolutely amazing. I like the new characters and especially the plot. Rick Riordan is such an amazing author and his books NEVER get tiring. Please read!! :DDDd
Teen, 13 years old Written bytremedee March 18, 2013

so ya

Teen, 16 years old Written byJTT-S December 10, 2014

Amazing book

Great first book.lt was so exiting I could not put it down and it got me hooked onto the set.
Kid, 11 years old May 10, 2012

Ok

OK. Not the best book i've read better. Sadie and I are almost identical minus British. B
Kid, 10 years old May 5, 2012

AWESOME BOOK!!! HIGHLY REACOMMEND!

i personally found this book awesome, Carter and Sadie are really positive roll models! the olny problem is the violence a 10 year old can read it easily! but olny mature 9 year olds can.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySchaeG1 April 5, 2012

Great

It was a great book! Right now i am doing a 7+ week research project on it.
Kid, 11 years old July 25, 2010

Perfect for people who can read long books.

I love that book, I got it on the first day it came out, I finished it later that week. Nothing at all is bad. It teaches you about Egyptian Mythology, hieroglyphics, ect. I like it more than the first Percy Jackson book The Lightning Thief. It's good but not as good as the whole P.J. series. My little brother (9) read this book he loved it as well!
Kid, 12 years old June 18, 2010

Perfect for 11+

it was an exellent book its only drawbacks where some language including the words god and bloody.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAnnoymous May 10, 2016
Kid, 9 years old July 21, 2010

!!!!!RICK RIORDAN'S DONE IT AGAIN!!!!!

This book was GREAT! I just finished, and I so wished the second book was out. My favorite character is Sadie. Carter's a bit too cautios. I also think Sadie's a bit more important in the story.