Kid reviews for The Ruins of Gorlan: The Ranger's Apprentice, Book 1

1st in popular series has positive characters, some battles.

Teen, 17 years old Written byEliasador April 27, 2011

Breathtakingly Brilliant!!!!

It is the spectacular kickoff to one of the best series that I have read in a few years. I have just finished the fourth one and I loved it. I can't stop thinking about. I NEED the next one!!!! I cannot rest until I have the next one!!!! The only reason I am writing this review is because I do not have the fifth one at my fingertips. If I had it, I would be curled up on the couch until I had read it cover to cover, for these books are nearly impossible to put down.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBluegillkid January 26, 2011

This book rocks

It is a good way to get kids to read or to continue reading

Teen, 15 years old Written byTheMythologyGeek May 9, 2011

Perfect for all ages!

Amazing book! I am now reading the ninth, and almost finished. John does use the 'D- word' several times, but it's not too bad. The messages are very good. Although, the book can be a bit over detailed. But he is Australian so it's as expected(they're like british is their writing, stretching it out a bit). But over all amazing!

Kid, 11 years old December 31, 2010
hate the BOOK

Kid, 10 years old January 6, 2012

The best books ever

I loooooooooovvvvvvvveeeeee these books i loved them so much i read all the books two times. These are my favorite books in the whole world. This is a great book for kids. I love it so much that i cannot say anything more. It will leave you speechless.The book is that good

Kid, 11 years old July 12, 2011
Kid, 10 years old June 12, 2011

BEST SERIES EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best book ever I can't think of a reason why someone would hate this book. I usually hate reading but I finished this book in one day Other recommended series by me are the percy jackson series, the underland chronicles, the hunger games troligy, the kane chronicles, and the heros of olympus, and the diary of a wimpy kid series

Kid, 11 years old August 17, 2015

Really good series

This series is very good, I recommend kids to read it. It can be 11 and up because of the action that's in this series. This book( the first book) can be for advanced 10 year olds in reading or 11 and up. This is the first book of a heart-thrilling series that I love. Young Will is an orphan and dreams of being a knight, but achieves something greater than anyone that knew him ever expected, including himself. He learns how to use deadly weapons, track animals and people, and learns the value of friendship and loyalty when he gets accepted to be part of a mysterious, successful, and humorous group.

Teen, 13 years old Written byLil'Fires2001 September 28, 2014

Absolutely Amazing!

Just finished reading the entire series for the second time. I really enjoyed the first book because it was very intriguing. Ruins of Gorlan caught my attention and got me really into the book, constantly keeping me on the edge of my seat. Whether or not someone likes the book is completely up to taste in books. all throughout the series, there was not ONE boring moment for me. Every kid (adults too) should read at least the first book.

Written byAnonymous July 21, 2013

Gets you hooked the moment you read it!

I love this series! There is mild swearing and a little violent but it is after all the Middle Ages and you would expect a little violence. But other than that it is a wonderful series. I just finished the fifth book and can't wait to finish the series. Halt and the other adults are good role models to the teens. So basically give it a chance and you will be amazed! :D

Kid, 12 years old March 10, 2014

Best book ever!!!!!!!!

I think this is a great book for kids who are into medieval time and like knights and weird creatures. It is not a scary book but it does have war in it.

Teen, 13 years old Written byBooklover123m December 14, 2014

Awesome Characters and plot.

I love this book!!!!! It is a quick read but is in a fairly long series, Definitely recommended.

Teen, 16 years old Written byclosowski January 20, 2012

Appropriate for all ages indeed

I have read all the books of this series available in my library(1-10), and all that I believe were published, and personally i truly believe It's one of the best and most interesting series of all times. And once reader settles in with this first book he'll(or she) will be literary addicted to read the rest. I even think these series are as good as Harry Potter series or in some aspects even better ! Enjoy! ;D

Kid, 12 years old December 19, 2011

ok

its a slow read but interesting. the books after this one are a lot better though.
Teen, 13 years old Written byRockbinder September 12, 2011

The Best Book I Ever Read!!!

I actually read this book by accident. I was searching for some other book and found this one, I found the cover interesting so I started reading it. After I read it, I highly recommend this to those who don't believe in themselves, or are always getting bullied. This book will teach them to sometimes rely on other and always believe in one's self.

Teen, 17 years old Written byWiteMajik June 7, 2017

Great book. Wonderful start to my favorite series.

I remember being 7 years old and getting this book for my 8th birthday. I wasn't sure I would like it because I had never heard of it. My dad said that a worker at the book shop loved it. I opened the front cover a bit skeptically but after the prologue I was completely entranced. I finished it quickly and told my dad to read it. He doesn't read very often but he read it. When he fiished he ran into my room. We drove to the book store and bought the next book. I read it quickly and so did he. We drove and bought the next four. I now own all 12 Rangers books, the 6 brotherband books, and the two Early Year books. Truly a fascinating world.

Teen, 16 years old Written byMacey08 June 15, 2010

Awesome!

A great book for all ages.

Teen, 17 years old Written byannabeth1998 March 17, 2016

Best Book Series Ever!

This series is really quite excellent. My mom wanted to read it first because she didn't like the cover, but she quickly fell in love. My entire family (ages 9-50) love this book series.

Kid, 9 years old December 29, 2013

THE BEST

THIS IS THE BEST BOOK EVER! well the whole series is.

Teen, 16 years old Written byRollTide0131 March 6, 2013

AWESOME

This book is awesome I read it and it has definitely ranked upon my top ten favorite books list!!!