Kid reviews for The School Story

Enchanting tale will leave readers grinning.

Based on 1 review

Kid, 9 years old March 21, 2018

Funny, engaging book from excellent school-story author!

I liked Andrew Clements when I was just a little bit younger, for example last year, but this story just got to my interest level and had me so that I couldn’t stop turning pages. This book is about a 12-year old girl named Natalie Nelson who tries to get a book published under a pen name-in complete secrecy to everyone except her best friend. (Zoe?) It has nothing inappropriate and it is perfect for about 2nd or 3rd grade readers, and I think reluctant readers especially will enjoy this. I finished this book in one day. The books are hilarious and they go by very fast. So even though an Andrew Clements novel makes for a quick read, it still gets you hooked on reading. Except for secrecy (and not harmful or mean) secrecy shown by the main character except to a few special people, there is nothing for parents to worry about here. The book is completely clean. I recommend this book and would like to read more from Andrew Clements. I loved Frindle and No Talking, too.

Teen, 16 years old Written byHidden12345 April 26, 2013

NO ADVICE ON PUBLISHING! Very disappointed!

It is very well-written and has strong themes, but it's INCREDIBLY unrealistic. It's for very young kids, as it is easy to read and follow, but I am thirteen years old. I am a very good writer (at least, everyone says I am) and have written several unpublished novels. I read this book when I was twelve and everyone told me I should try to publish, so I wanted to read this book to get tips on how to publish at this age. I learned NOTHING. All of the ways Natalie gets published are INCREDIBLY unrealistic. Very, very unrealistic. It has good family messages, but publishing just seems like an obstacle, and everything works out WAY too perfectly in the end.

Kid, 10 years old February 27, 2012

THE AWESOME BOOK!!!

THIS IS A REALLY GOOD BOOK FOR KIDS. WHEN I PICKED UP THIS BOOK I COULD NOT STOP READING IT .AND YOUR KIDS WILL START READING MORE IF THEY READ THIS BOOK.THAT IS WHY I THINK IT IS A GOOD BOOK!

Kid, 10 years old January 15, 2012

The taco didn't fry

I did not really like The School Story. But, if you really want to become an author, this is the book for you. This book tells you how to get a book published, even your 12 years old. At least the book tries to give you an idea about how the publishing companies work.

The story also teaches you about friendship. Zoe and Natalie's

friendship show support for one another. They do not get jealous of each other but try to show they believe in each other.
Kid, 11 years old January 3, 2012

i love it

about the book

Kid, 10 years old August 14, 2011

AWESOME BOOK!!!!!!

It was a GREAT book!!! I've read it about twenty times!
I can really relate to this book. I like to write. I have a few obnoxious friends.
I CAN NOT put it down once I start reading it!
I could read Andrew Clements for HOURS every day and not get tired of his books!

Kid, 11 years old February 20, 2011

LOVE IT!

I love it! Done a book report on it....My favorite part in the book is When Natalie goes under the name of Cassandra Day and she sends her book to the publishing company her mom works at, Shipley Junior Books. This part is my favorite part because that was when it really started to get interesting to the point when I couldn’t put it down! I even started wondering if I could become a famous author like Natalie became, I don’t think I ever could of though.

Kid, 11 years old July 18, 2010

Great!!!

I loved this book! I usually never read a book twice (unless it's like a picture book), and this was the first chapter book I read twice. It's an amazing story!

Kid, 11 years old December 23, 2009
i love it because it give informatoin and tell details!!!** love it**

Kid, 11 years old December 1, 2009

Teen, 14 years old Written byCole Rakoczi October 19, 2009
I had a book report I had to do so I picked this wonderful author. I started reading and it was amazing. I finally remembered how asome this writer is and how he can make books into stellar pieces of artwork I highly encourage evryone to read this.

Kid, 12 years old October 12, 2009

it had lots of good details and it made sense

It was an interesting and great book.I think u guys should read this book:):]

Teen, 13 years old Written bykiyama19 June 17, 2009

Good Book

This was a really good book it was interesting and i love how anomous it was.

-smilie
Kid, 10 years old March 12, 2009

i loved it and so will you!

it contains some really insporational parts of wisdom!
Teen, 15 years old Written byShinjo April 9, 2008

Awesome book! I couldn't put it down until I had read through it!

This is a great story of a girl(Natalie) who follows her dreams. She's been the best writer in her grade for as long as her teachers can remember. When she writes a book, her best friend is eager to get it published. She helps Natalie get it to a publisher, who happens to be Natalies mom. The two friends have to use fake names so that the publishers will look at the book, because books that are written from kids have no chance. Will Natalie get her book published?

I laughed!

This book was my first by Andrew Clements. I think that he is a really good author, and this book inspired me to read more by him. This book is good for all kids basically, and it makes you think about wanting to write a story and get it published.
wonderful. as all of this aurther's fabulous creations

this book is so awsome i have read it 10 times!!

Teen, 14 years old Written byPumpItUp4TheTeam April 9, 2008

Cassandra Day

Great Book.
I Told All of My Firends about it!!!