All parent member reviews for The Sea of Monsters: Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Book 2

Parent of a 10 year old Written bymovie-watcher November 13, 2010

Parent Written byfflala98 September 4, 2009

Awesome!!!!

I've read the first and second book and it's great!!! If you like Ancient Greek and fantasy, THIS is a FANTASTIC book for you.
Adult Written byCoffeeTable April 29, 2009

Great

Following the First book, the storyline is still great. The whole concept gives kids a fun introduction to greek mythology while still making an exciting story. Boys who don't read alot usually pick up this book even in high school.
Adult Written bylapink1026 August 16, 2011

THE BEST BOOK EVAAAAA

I think it might be just a tiny tiny inappropiate but still ,it has an awesome plot,well-planned, great choice of villains and heroes and a good heroic ending, it cant get any better!It doesnt involve any romance!only one time annabeth gave percy a PECK on the cheek! But rick should at least lower down the levels of violence.The last sentence left me enthusiastic don't you think? I can't wait for what's next!Parent's this book is not an issue but for 9 and under yes
Parent of a 13 year old Written bylovelivelaugh March 18, 2011

really good book, i recomend you to read it.

This book is really good, I highly recommend this book for kids and teens of all ages. It is a fun book to read and the messages are fantastic. On the other side I recommend to have read the first book before this one because it will make more sense, a better understanding and lots of emotion. I didn't give it 5 stars because even if the story was complete, it deserved more details and description. looking fiercely foward to reading the third book "the titans curse".
Parent of a 2, 4, 6, and 8 year old Written byjennwhitmer October 14, 2010

I enjoyed the story, and it's action packed. The biggest problem is with the way the demigods were conceived. There is a lot of talk about the gods sleeping with humans to make the demigods. Until your child is ready to understand babies out of marriage, this book isn't for him.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byohya August 21, 2010

shorter than the others
Parent of a 8 year old Written bypattygb April 16, 2010

good book

This is a good book,but not as the first.
Parent of a 6, 8, and 10 year old Written bypebchristian March 23, 2010

not the best in the series

This was sort of a disapointment but still pretty good. Definetly not the best in the series. What I didn't like about it, is that it has no real connection with the other books. But it was still as well-written as ever!
Parent of a 11 year old Written bytishtay February 16, 2010

The one great thing about these books is they are entertaining and became a gateway for us to get a book of Greek mythology that she is now wading through. Although the stories of the gods are not necessarily "moral" we have used them as a great jumping board for some great discussions