Kid reviews for The Second Summer of the Sisterhood

Second book in friendship series is a good fit for teens.

Teen, 13 years old Written byKdrewk May 5, 2016

I didn't finish this book.

After 110 pages, I gave up. I was very disappointed by this book, as I really liked the first one and was expecting a good sequel. I was very bored by this book and was reluctant to read anymore, which I didn't expect because the first book was really good. I agree with some of the reviewers that the pants don't seem so special anymore, and that the characters haven't changed much. I don't plan on finishing this series anytime soon.

Teen, 15 years old Written byopalescent April 14, 2015

Loved it!

A little less exciting then the first, but awesome all the same. More sex than the first book, but nothing too explicit. Lena's ex-boyfriend Kostos has sex with a girl he barely knew, and she lies and says she's pregnant. These girls are great; they are true best friends who share everything with each other and are pretty good role models.

Kid, 11 years old January 30, 2013

second summer of the sisterhood

very good book!

Educational Value
Teen, 14 years old Written byMillyMolly November 23, 2010
One of my fave books. In a way you get to know the girls as one of your friends. You relate to them through hard times and good times. You learn from this book. Also even the moms in this book learn their story, which is setting a good rolemodel for their girls. Amazing charecter, I cant wait to read the 3rd one!

Teen, 15 years old Written by26031 October 8, 2010
love it

Educational Value
Teen, 13 years old Written byearthgurl July 7, 2010

Great!

Great like the first book. A little more sad and dramatic, though. Worth-reading.

Teen, 13 years old Written byLissaNicky May 8, 2010

Great book

Just like the first, this book is great filled wsith friendship, hard times, family problems and more. Could have done without the sex.

Teen, 17 years old Written byringette_chick April 9, 2008

LoVe It!!!!

OMG I just love these books....I don't know what to say...I know there may be some saxual content, but its a book, and if you perfer not to read things like that then don't...I just don't know what else to say besides that I've never read such a good book series
Teen, 15 years old Written byHoTiEinPINK03 April 9, 2008

BETTER THAN THE FIRST!!!

This was a great book! I think that hirls under the age of 12 definetly CANNOT read this though! There was a lot of sexual content in some parts but it was still a wom=nderful book for ages 12+. I think that you should read the first one before this one though...otherwise...it won't make sense and some of it eil seem pointless. All four girls are back and are trying to find out how to fix thier problems, this time they are different then the first. This sequal is the BEST that I have ever read!!! READ IT!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byjoc13 April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written byHannah K. April 9, 2008

Watch out Parents

I admit this book was good better than the first. But the love parts come on a little too strong. Lena and Kostos are involved together in a nudity scene. Where the top parts of their body are bare(parents if you know what I mean) It is a good book though but it could have done without some passionate love scenes. Kostos and Lena also roll around in the grass for a few hours making out.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

The best book ever!

When I finnished reading this book, these girls were ny best friends. I cired for Lena, I was proud of Tibby, I laughed at Carmen, and I was happy for Brigdet. The only thing that would of made this book better is Bailey (R.I.P) but obviously she can't come back. The hummor in this book is wonderful! Yes it swares but doesn't everyone? So we have alredy herd others say these swares. The message was wonderful! Peole should read it who are 11 and up because thats when the story will appeal to them and need to be exposed to these topics. They have sex (Kostos gf gets pregent and Lena goes pretty far with Kostos) but they don't describe it. they just talk about Lena's overwhelmingliny saddness. It's a wonderful book with mother daughter relationships, boyfriends, young love, friendship, and much more! I am 12 and I read it. Fabulos book!

Read this book if:
*Your mom is staring to date again
*Boyfriend broke up with you
*Made a mistake
*Had someone die in your family/friends
*Or just need a good book

Trust me, you will LOVE it!

Laugh. Cry. Love. Share The Pants!
Teen, 14 years old Written byamber66 April 9, 2008
you know how some people say the first book was better or i liked the first book better well they wont be saying that in this case because this book is totaly awsome i havent even got all they way through this book yet and i am already sucked in to it

okay...a little dramatic

This was a pretty good book but i liked the first one better. Can't wait to read the last one!

Great Book =)

I read The First Now i Am reading This One Great Book!
Teen, 16 years old Written byseashel80089 April 9, 2008

Great Book

I thought that this book was better than the first. I agree that some parts of the book was not right for the book. Overall I thiught that the book was great.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKatrinaestela April 9, 2008

A great book for teens...

It's a very good book. I would not recommend for young teens...