Kid reviews for The Shadows Between Us

The Shadows Between Us Poster Image

Based on 1 review

An empowering story

I really enjoyed the plot! While it could be dark at time (mentions murder and sex) it still remained light hearted most of the time. It gave power to the female lead and let her be her own person and stand up for herself! The book takes a bit of maturity in my opinion which is why I say 14 and up
1 person found this helpful.

Good but quite frankly, strange

This book kind of caught me off guard. (Spoiler alert) The book opens with Alessandra sleeping with one of her numerous boyfriends. She “seduces” men until they propose to her, when she then takes the ring and refuses the proposal once they’ve given her money, pleasure, and their hearts. We also find out she does this because the former love of her life left her, so she murdered him. A little excessive in my opinion. Later the male love interest finds out and just starts laughing and doesn’t care. Overall, the book was funny, and there were some great characters, but there was an excessive amount of sexual content in my opinion.

1 person found this helpful.

My favorite book of all time!

I absolutely love this book! I recommend to everyone!

Surprising twist

I think this book has been exaggerated a little bit. It says that there were lots of talk about sex and that it was really descriptive. I disagree, other than one or two fairly non descriptive kisses there was no talk about anything really related to sex. I loved the book. It is a quick read. I read it in one day. I could not put it down.

Couldn't Put Down

So, it's a bit dark (I'd say the perfect amount of darkness) and it has that dark royal vibe to it. I finished it in one night (forced myself to keep reading, because I couldn't put it down). Talks about sex, doesn't give a clear visual as if watching it though. A couple people get killed. Not too bad, would recommend. Made me cry.

I finished this book last month and absolutely loved! It isn't your average love story which made me even more obsessed. It's your perfect dark "Slytherin Romance". This novel isn't for younger audiences and contains more mature content, I wouldn't reccomend it to anyone under the age of 14.

i love this book!!!!!!! i read it 4 times already.

I love this book!!!!!!! I read it 4 times already!!!!!!