All parent member reviews for The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants

Parent of a 13 and 17 year old Written byK83432 February 3, 2011

Great book great for all girls 12 and up

I think that this book is great and refreshing considering what books are out there for children these days I highly recommend this book to any 12 year old girl or uP:)
Parent of a 12 year old Written bySmiley90210 November 23, 2009

Perfect for tween who are mature and interested in boys and deffinentally for teens and even adults!

I loved it! I dissagree with whoever rated it iffy. They said that the girls behaved badly and at times stupidly and their parents are no better. They must not have teenage daughters because that is all tipical behavior of the avorage teen girl. The parents do not act stupidly at all they make a couple of mistakes but no one is perfect! Over all i give the book five stars!
Adult Written bynike911 October 19, 2009

No one is prefect,this book shows that no matter what you have done, your friends will be there to pick you up. It isnt a walt disney "happy ending book" it gives events that might happen to your daughter and what teen girls struggle with today. its amazing book, and it will keep your daughter wanting more.
Adult Written bygravinar April 22, 2009

Amazing Story that all Teens should Read

I have read a couple of the reviews on here and I believe that people who find this book inappropriate for teens under 14 are ridiculous. Do people not understand that children these days are having sex in 6th grade, that's 12 years old!! If parents are not talking about it at home, they have to learn some way and I think this is a really good book that teaches so much that you go through during your life, not even when you are a teen.
Adult Written bycheerfeet April 9, 2008

All Girls HAVE to read it!!

This book was AWSOME!!! After reading it I wanted to read it all over again, and the sequels were just as good!! Anne B. has four characters, Carmen, Lena, Tibby, and Bridget (Bee). At least one of these girls will connect with you. Bee is really sporty, Tibby is into technology and being a little gothic at times, Lena is the artist, like me, and Carmen is the girlist and the leader type. They are spending thier first summer apart and just before they go Carmen gets the pants. They trade them around and share thier feelings about what happens durring the summer and I can't say there is a boring molment in this book. It made me laugh histerically, groan in embarrassment, cry, and I'll admit scream in frustration!! It is an AWSOME book and I think it will be a GREAT movie, however, I would recommend that moms she attend with thier teenage girls rather than the entire family because I don't feel some of the content would be appropriet for smaller children, and boys might find it boring as it is most definatly a "chick flick" The reason I am saying this is because in the book there was some brief nudity and sex. Also there was some drinking, and some language. Ohh yea and some fighting but not really!! I think that any girl that is in sixth grade or above would probally be fine unless you(the parent) have sheltered her a little too much!! I LOVED the book and I am hoping the movie will be just as good (they never are but as good as the book was it would still be really good even if it was way off!!) YOU MUST SEE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Educator and Parent Written byMrs. Alexander March 21, 2013

i love itttttttttt

I think The Sisterhood of the Traveling pants is a good book. First,I like how the four girls solved their ploblems and how they felt.Second ,I like their trips and how they like each other.Third,what I like their characters and their personalities and their friendships.Last,I think people should read it because it is a good book and it can be for all ages.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byHjal September 14, 2012

Rites of passage with magic pants

One of the four girls loses her virginity off camera, however, it is subtle enough so your daughter won't know what's going on if she isn't ready.
Adult Written bydemaray April 9, 2008

I really liked the books (all 3) and think that they are entirely relevant to 13 and up girls. I think that girls are exposed to all of the situations encounterd in these books. I think the books are fairly well written and entertaining enough to get girls to read.
Educator Written byJackV January 23, 2012

Very well written, but...

Very well written, but very frank in its depiction of a young teen girl at the peak of her sexual prowess. Fifteen year old girl has sex with her 19-year-old coach. Granted -it's off camera and she comes to regret it deepl- it still makes this a book for older teens.
Parent of a 9 and 13 year old Written bymy2babygirls May 28, 2010

Perfect for well mature tweens and older teens who are able to understand right from wrong

very good book movie is wonderful..
Educator Written bysb34chick November 21, 2009

Contemporary Judy Blume storyline...

Through this extraordinary pair of pants, the story follows a group of girls who are growing up. Somewhat of a contemporary Judy Blume-type novel, this story shows that what seems so immediately vital (boy crushes) (sarcastic views) is not as important as each girls eyes are opened to new life experiences. This story is sweet, gives girls a look into growing up experiences, and is brough to a nice closure as the girls reunite and reflect on their summer.
Adult Written bytootoolvr14 April 9, 2008

Adult Written bysugAR hii 003 April 9, 2008

Adult Written byBlurbie April 9, 2008

This book is AMAZING!

It follows four teens: Carmen, Tibby, Bridget and Lena through their Summer with the pants! Carmen discovered the pants in an op shop and all the girls amazingly look super sexxy in them. They decide the pants are magic and pass them on all through their Summer away from eachother and write letters to eachother when they send off the pants!! I thought this book was amazing and I wish I had friends like Carmen, lena, Tibby and Bee!! :)
Adult Written byKae April 9, 2008