Kid reviews for The Truth as Told by Mason Buttle

Riveting, poignant drama explores kindness, friendship.

Teen, 15 years old Written byAngela432 July 29, 2019

Was good for younger kids

While the book sends a meaningful message it is meant for younger kids. Also the book is hard to get into it doesn't reach the climax until the over half way though the book. In my opinion it is like they started to write a book about a kid with some issues trying to move on from the death of his friend and just added a murder mystery for fun.

Teen, 13 years old Written byypg.rj January 29, 2020

Teen, 14 years old Written bypinecrestbookclub January 24, 2019

The Truth as Told by Mason Buttle

The Truth as Told by Mason Buttle is a heart-warming exploration of a middle-schooler with differences, including dyslexia, synesthesia, and over-excessive sweating. The book will appeal to diverse audiences because everyone can relate to the struggle of being in middle school, and many people can relate to being bullied because of who they are. In addition the story of Mason's journey through adolescence, this book also follows a rousing mystery in which Mason is the main suspect, and will keep you reading this book for days. Readers should be aware that this mystery and Mason's interactions with bullies include minor violence. Overall, Mason Buttle is a book full of struggles that are relevant to us all in some way, so head on over to your local library and pick up a copy, we promise you won't be disappointed!