Kid reviews for The Vampire Diaries: The Awakening

Sexually violent book is nothing like the TV show.

Teen, 14 years old Written byVampire_Princess320 January 18, 2011

Great series!

The books are nothing like the show, at least as far as I know. But both the show and the books are amazing, but I would have to say the show is better, because I've seen all the episodes so far. I haven't finished reading the book series yet though. But since were talking about the books, I would have to say their amazing. "The Fury", which is the third book, is my favorite so far, because it has more action. But this first book, I would have to say is kind of boring, since I didn't find any real interest in it, but that's because it's introducing the characters. Most books are like that in the beginning of a series. But the book is really good. It's gets better and better throughout the series. I'm sure you'll like it. :)

Teen, 13 years old Written byhotpink78681 January 7, 2011

The Vampire Diaries: The Awakening

I LOVE the Vampire Diaries! Its about true love but also has its dark side!!

Teen, 14 years old Written byDamon Lover July 9, 2010
There is nothing wrong with these books. No sexual behavior at all except a few passionate kisses and when vampires share blood with a human and can sense their thoughts. This books violence is not bloody and described in detail.

Kid, 11 years old May 19, 2011

Vampire's Diary?

I always wanted to read a vampire's diary. It is just like those awesome twilight saga books.

Teen, 13 years old Written bylimerox July 21, 2012

Review is very misleading

Review is completely misleading, sure there is violence but its a good story and i dont think the suggested age should be so high.

Kid, 11 years old February 23, 2012

volient but awsome

relly awsome book. thanks for giveing it 1 star commonsense. shure it may be violent but so what!

Teen, 17 years old Written byXlivXmarie September 28, 2018

Teen, 14 years old Written byTvd2 July 5, 2018

Not at all like the tv show

This book is nothing like the tv show. At all. There are two sexy scenes but nothing graphic in any way. There’s some violence. Nothing really horrific in any way. But I would highly recommend this book. It has good interesting romance mixed with mystery and violence that hooks the reader and doesn’t let go.

Teen, 17 years old Written byteenofteen January 18, 2018

Not what you think

Many of the reviews say that there is a lot of sex and that is not true. It’s a very good book and may have a few passionate kisses, but that is all. It’s is nothing like the tv shows either. I also think the age rating should be lower and NOT 15+.

Teen, 14 years old Written byKirchofer14 November 9, 2017

Not like the TV show

Its not like the TV show at all . Its defiantly better than it for me not for kids under 14 tho. There is sexual activity and some language. its not educational at. There is some violence too. Over all its a great book

Teen, 15 years old Written byangelabovedemonbelow January 10, 2012

Elena=book's downfall

I don't mind the violence and sex as much as I hate the female lead. I remember the book up in seventh grade and realizing Elena was the girl I NEVER wanted to be in my life. Sure she has her stronger points, but I feel her negative traits overshadow any good.
Teen, 13 years old Written byellejonson June 28, 2010

perfect for kids in rage of 11 up

the book and the show rocks and if you don/t love or like vampires you should not preivew it

Teen, 13 years old Written byemma1997 June 1, 2010
i love these books !!!

Teen, 13 years old Written byshadowprincess January 7, 2019

Dark, sweet, teenage romance

This story follows the life of Elena Gilbert, when she first meets mysterious new boy, Stefan Salvatore. She quickly falls for him, though she does not yet know the secret behind his perpetually 'cool boy' façade. This book, whilst a little sexual, has nothing overly descriptive in it like the later ones in this series. And I find it refreshing that, for once, the protagonist is a little self-obsessed while still being warm-hearted.

Kid, 12 years old October 12, 2018

Terrible

THERE IS NO PLOT!! All it is is little annoying Stefan and Elena deciding wether or not to stay together. This also happens throughout the entire ten book long series. The writing quality isn't very good, and I didn't care one bit for the characters. In fact, sometimes I felt like giving them a nice, hard shake. My sister got me into the TV show, and she wanted to read the books, so my mom bought them. My sister didn't read them, so I did, and I can barely get through them.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLilly_is_Babe September 30, 2017

These books are the BEST!!!

This book takes a while to get into but once you get into it, it's the best. I have now finished the whole book series and it has honestly changed my life for the better. I would highly recommend this to a child/ teen aged ten or up if you are looking for a book to read.
Teen, 14 years old Written bysepsaa2 April 20, 2016

Great book

Few inappropriate scenes. The sex scenes aren't at all graphic and there is a bit passionate kissing. Not too much violence. But it is a great book!
Teen, 14 years old Written bymarinabell12 September 18, 2014

Awesome!!

This was a great series if you've read Gone or twilight then you should be absolutely fine
Teen, 14 years old Written bymax452 August 3, 2012

I love this book Way better than twilight

There is no sex or very vivid descriptions in this book. I have read all books and seen the TV show. yes the TV show and book are different the book she has blond hair and blue eyes Damon has black eyes instead of blue the girl has a sister instead of a brother.This book is not sexiest in any way and their is no rape in this book. it is a good book way better than the pathetic book that calls itself a vampire story twilight. now if we talk about the TV show it has sex, rape, and some violent scenes. the book review is a false review.

Teen, 13 years old Written bymini39 January 25, 2012

not for kids!!

this book is clearly not for kids under 13. there is too much violence and too much stuff that kids shouldn't know about. this book is for TEENAGERS!