All teen and kid member reviews for The View From Saturday

Teen, 13 years old Written byVeeda May 26, 2011

Gotta think

I read it in 5th grade and I thought it was good, though I didn't understand most parts. You need a bit of brain to understand and fully enjoy it but nontheless I really liked it. You just need to think and then you'll get it. There are bad words and references to drugs but I think the drugs the dog treats had were different so it might now count.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypielover98 December 30, 2010
i think that this book was really bad and i hated it i dont recocmend it it is to confusing also there is some drugs and some bad words really not the book for a child

one of the best books i ever read!

i read this book for reading olympics when i was 10 and now almost 12 i still love this book!
Teen, 14 years old Written byadailiec March 31, 2009

Not that great... AT ALL

i didnt like the book wat-so-ever It wuz really boring and it was all about 4 random kids who get together to do plain old boring stuff. I think the book wuz WAYYYYYYYY BORING!!!!!!! Shakespere did way better than that!!! TADA... that is final
Kid, 11 years old August 19, 2010
This is th most boring book i've ever read i had to read its so thats why i did.
Kid, 9 years old December 13, 2009

hmm

references to puberty alot but good book
Kid, 11 years old October 26, 2014

Great for Gifted Kids

I'm a gifted learner and I loved this book; all of the characters are gifted according to my English teacher. It's laced with great messages, the plot is interesting, and it's a nice quick read for those who are already focused on a series, e.g., Percy Jackson and the Olympians and/or Harry Potter. The book is nice and down-to-earth, though some of the characters are eerily stereotypical. I wouldn't recommend it for kids who have trouble switching between different POVs, however. If you can switch between four first-person narrators plus an omniscient third-person narrator, then I highly recommend this book.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBribry July 28, 2013

Confusing

Children With exceptional comprehension Would love this Book. . The beginning of the book is a little confusing . It gets a little bit easier to understand what's going on as You get that end of the Book. Other than that it's okay but
Kid, 11 years old October 23, 2012

horrible book view from saturday

I did not like it it was too slow! [:
Teen, 13 years old Written byturdinator October 12, 2010

not my favorite.

Too boring to read. Too plain and too down to earth.
Teen, 13 years old Written byReverie Rose April 12, 2010

BORING!!!

In my opinion, it was extremely boring. When the author was talking about each character's life and how they knew what that word meant, I had to read it over and over and OVER again. It got extremely confusing at those parts. They also said the true words for female dog and donkey and that is bad language. Also, one of the kids attempted to give drugs to a dog! ANIMAL ABUSE!!! And they're drugging the dog because they're dog couldn't get in? A bit desperate if you ask me. That person also stole the drugs from his mom, who is a vet. Stealing, bad language, drugs, and animal abuse. It was so boring that when I attempted to read it, the first 5 minutes I fell asleep and I couldn't finish it.
Kid, 10 years old December 11, 2008

Excellenttttttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The book The View from Saturday is a GREAT book!!!!!!! It have different sides,to explain characters.But the author explains it deeply.The author goes back and forth,but you still get it.So that is why this book the View from Saturday is a great book.
Kid, 10 years old December 11, 2008

A wonderful book

I do like the book A view from Saturday.I liked it because of the characters and events in the story.What I didn't like is when Hamilton Knapp put the drugs in Gingers dog treats.Also,when he wrote crippled on the classroom chalkboard.Hamilton is smart but is ignorate and is a troublemaker.I'd reccomend this book with my friends that like books with a little bit of reality in the middle.This is interesting and a little funny.That is what I like the book A view from Saturday.
Kid, 11 years old September 16, 2014

ehhh

Its solid. Can be kinda boring. Some vocabulary in this book is iffy, but other wise good.
Teen, 13 years old Written bydavey696969 April 25, 2014
the book had several sexual references and should not be read by any being under the age of 35 at least. (and that's pushing it)
Kid, 10 years old August 5, 2012

Great book!

I read this when I was 9, back in October or November 2011. It was great! My friend's mother made her read the book when she was grounded. She thinks it's boring. I don't know why she thinks that, I love it! A kid coming from another country uses the words "b*tch" and "sex", but "b*tch" in the form of female dogs, and "sex" in the form of genders. Also, yes, a grandpa does reference to making love, and the kid who had the POV during that story said, after his grandma said to not say that in front of the kids: "No, Grandma is just saying that because she's embarassed". Overall, I love this book! Great for any kids around my age. (They also have books with mild swearing in my SCHOOL library. I'm surprised they aren't over-protective about that. o_O) -Samantha (chocolatecake123)
Teen, 15 years old Written byhellzkitty March 18, 2012

WORST. BOOK. EVER.

I read this book and it is the WORST book ever. I mean, seriously! I just HATED it! I didn't understand it at all! And ALL the characters are very stupid. This author does not have ANY good ideas. Don't read this book. Don't believe anyone that this book is good cuz it's not. It does not deserve a Newbery Medal. @pielover98, tokoycute, Reverie Rose, turdinator, adailiec, aminaaa2121: I EXTREMELY agree with all of you.
Kid, 12 years old August 25, 2011

worst book ever

Kid, 12 years old June 2, 2011

Not for 11yr olds

this book is not for 11 year olds. it is very boring at first but it connects all at the end. This book uses advance language that most 11 yr olds do not know.
Kid, 11 years old October 18, 2009
parents i would not give your child the book at the age 11 its to many words and it does not have a protagonist or an antagonist.