All parent member reviews for The Voyage of the Dawn Treader: The Chronicles of Narnia, Book 3

Parent of a 3, 4, and 7 year old Written byJessReplanted November 12, 2010

great book!

I have always loved this book, and I have really enjoyed reading it with my son (in anticipation of the movie being released!). When reading the book we focused on the Christian themes, and also learned about sailing ships.
Parent of a 4 year old Written byjlipiec May 10, 2011

A Classic

I read this book, and all 7 Chronicles of Narnia books to my 4 year old, and we both loved it. I had to rephrase some of the writing and explain some words to him, but we both loved the adventure and incredibly good role models and messages. I think these books are almost essential to complimenting a Christian education as well.
Adult Written bynarniafan57 December 10, 2010

perfect for all ages even if someone reads it to them

best book of the series cant wait to see the movie
Parent of a 8 year old Written byBoca7 December 4, 2010
Parent of a 4 and 7 year old Written byjohnjt November 30, 2010

Wonderful adventure

Sometimes I feel as if the resolution of the various tension points are too quick and thus are not as effective within the book itself as they could be with a little more depth. But, the Narnia books are always good for discussion jumping off points, and the theme of temptation and dealing with it is a fine one to have with kids aged 7 and older.
Parent Written bytara1 October 14, 2014
Educator Written byreasonable mom August 14, 2011

a must

that this book is too violent is going to depend only on the maturity of the child. the nightly news is more violent than this.
Adult Written bynationaltreasure February 1, 2011
Parent of a 3 and 4 year old Written bymarcriley December 10, 2010

Great for pre-teens, but teens these days might get bored.

I first read the whole series when I was about 10 years old...and have read them about once every for years, from that point til now. As an adult I still enjoy reading all the books in the series because it takes me back to my younger days. The Dawn Treader was a great adventure for me! I do remember a feeling of uncertainty when thinking of a sea voyage, but mostly because I have a slight fear already of "the deep blue sea". Despite that I thoroughly enjoyed this book and found it to be an incredibly fun fantasy adventure.
Parent of a 2, 4, and 7 year old Written byVisualjah December 4, 2010

Dream-like fantastic story rich with mature lessons for kids