Kid reviews for The Willoughbys

Darkly funny parody of old-fashioned kids' books.

Kid, 8 years old December 4, 2011

Laugh-out-loud - Great Book Club Book

A laugh-out-loud story. Memorable. Great vocabulary! We read this book for our mother-daughter book club. Most girls really enjoyed it, but it was too dark for a couple of kids. Moms loved it and were genuinely amused and impressed.
Teen, 14 years old Written byavidcritc January 7, 2009

Lois LOWRY?

Having read The Giver, I had a hard time imagining the same author writing this book. But hey, we're all a little bipolar, right?
I don't disagree that the actually morals of the story are ridiculous. And no, I never did like Tim. But the book comes across as a satire, and I liked it a lot. The dictionary and bibliography were by far the best parts of the book though. Read those if you read nothing else.
Teen, 13 years old Written byexplicitbookreviews December 17, 2019

Not the greatest role models, but Humorous and fun to read

It was a fun read, but I think you need to at least be mature enough to not take things in this book to harshly as it is meant to be humorous. For example, there are many instances where Tim, the oldest sibling, is kind of being sexist to his sister, although it is all just a typical old fashion boy being himself, biased. Besides this, it is a very good book with adventure and some mystery added in between.
Kid, 10 years old December 18, 2009

good for all ages!

great book. Really funny. I just really don't like Tim one of the main people.

Kid, 8 years old September 8, 2009