Kid reviews for The Winner's Crime: The Winner's Trilogy, Book 2

More palace intrigue, less war in winning sequel.

No reviews yetAdd your rating

Teen, 13 years old Written byjulie2003 October 31, 2016

Amazing!

Better than the last! It has more intrigue and suspense, but it was written beautifully. Not as much romance as the last book in terms of physical touch, but the feelings are there. There are kisses on the neck and forehead, but not much. The book tore my heart out and placed it back in. Though fictional it shows you reality. Betrayal is real, and loyalty sometimes destroys relationships. I loved it, and finished it quicker than the first one, I couldn't put it down. Read it! The violence is gory, a person's finger is skinned, and they later mention that he committed suicide by infecting the finger with his own feces, but besides those things and Arin's face being cut into in, is not that well described. The tension between Arin and Kestrel, and the longing for honesty is so beautiful and hard to read. It makes you feel sad, and it drops your stomach into the deepest pit every time Arin and Kestrel fight. It made me cry the way Arin loves her, and how much he longs to be with her, and the way Kestrel needs to keep her love a secret for his life. Just go to your bookstore or library and buy this, now! you won't regret it. I give it 1000 stars out of 5.

Teen, 16 years old Written byEva_Howser April 27, 2016

Absolutely Amazing!

Ok, to be honest, I'm not even done reading this book; in fact, I am nowhere near the end, and I'm already in love with this book and it's predecessor. There are not enough words in the English language to describe how good this book is, and how it has my emotions all tied up. People can say that it doesn't matter because I'm just a teenager and my hormones rage all the time. The fact is that this book is a work of art; beautifully written, beautifully imagined. I ache when the characters are aching, and I feel pain when they do. As far as I can remember, no book or book series has ever done this to me. I suggest that kids only mature enough to understand the struggles of a relationship, and with their parents consent, should read this book. Parents, it's a good, even wonderful read, but don't let your child read it if you don't think they're ready.