Kid reviews for Three Dark Crowns, Book 1

Thrilling but very dark tale of murderous triplet queens.

Teen, 13 years old Written byLil Gill November 10, 2018

Great

I loved this book I think it is suitable for ages 11 and up. The idea of the book is a bit creepy but the story line keeps you saying just one more page.

Kid, 10 years old January 10, 2017

Sexy, violent, still brilliant.

Sex: 1 sex scene where Mirabella has to get naked to warm a freezing boy involved in a hurricane. When he wakes up, they kiss, touch each other ( doesn't say where) moaning and the girl wraps her legs around him. Making out and one foreplay scene where it is implied they get naked.

Language: One 'bas-ard'

Violence: Talk about loops of entrails after gory bear attack. Someone gets clawed by a bear and the description is pretty disturbing. Execution-Katharine is forced to kill someone she doesn't want to kill. Someone is said to have spasmed so hard they broke all their bones.

Wine is drink

Vary dark. 14+ For sexuality, and gore.

Teen, 13 years old Written byeemeraldd August 27, 2017

So Good!!

I LOVED this book! It is a little slow at the beginning and the middle, so if you like fast-paced stories then this one might not be for you. It's also a bit creepy and violent, so if you're not good with things like that you might want to avoid this one. I love that this book has a female-centric cast and takes place in a matriarchal society. The magic system is also very well done and explained thoroughly. There are a bunch of interesting and fun characters, though it may seem overwhelming at times with how many there are. Each sister has so much personality, and they each have a sister or aunt-like companion who is equally as interesting. Overall, this was a great book, if a little bit slow at first.

Teen, 13 years old Written byRose_9 June 22, 2020

such an amazing book and series

Teen, 13 years old Written byTilda.Book.Love... April 17, 2020

Read This Book!!

This book was sooo good. At the start I was confused by what was happening. But as it went on it made LOTs of sense, take it from me and trust me, I finish a book a day. And this book I wanted to read it over and over. (I am begging my friend to let me borrow the second)
Teen, 13 years old Written byLettinaFox March 13, 2019

Great!

Its an AMAZING book for teens, but I think that it is a little violent for littler kids and has some mature themes (Which are fine if you are 12+)

I recommend 100%
Kid, 9 years old May 18, 2018

Exciting, intense, and mature

This is an amazing book for mature teens who will be able to handle the content. I loved this book because of the exciting premise. It's a bit slow but something you should definitely read if you are okay reading books that are a little slow. This is a must read for fans of The Hunger Games, Matched, and if you are a veteran to dark, YA fantasies. This is an amazing book and I can't wait to read the sequel, One Dark Throne and Queens Of Fennbirn.

Teen, 14 years old Written byVV1248 April 17, 2018

Speechless.

This is a action-packed, violence-smeared, enticing book. Wow. There are a lot of torturous details the author packs in, not recommended for kids under 13. However, the story is well-paced, the characters are well made and described, and the whole story seems to seep out of the pages. Amazing work.