Kid reviews for Three Little Words: A Memoir

Harrowing foster child memoir for mature readers.

Teen, 14 years old Written byloveingkids September 16, 2011

14 year old adopted girl hero

i think this book is a good way to see that you can stay happy and joyful durning bad things in life , even thought the worst things in life like her mother and step father makeing drug well she was right there , you can still be a happy little girl and grow up to be a good young wounder lady ! i am truely in love with this book becuase i can some what relate to it ! ashley is my hero and always will be!

Teen, 13 years old Written bylyn147 December 4, 2009
I READ THIS BOOK AND IT WAS RELE GOOD

Teen, 14 years old Written byShannon96 September 24, 2010

Teen, 15 years old Written bybabeehghurl89 January 3, 2012

LOVE IT..!!!!!!!!!!

i like this book because it teaches other foster kids that no matter what you will fight for you will make it...:)

Teen, 15 years old Written byemma3amanda9 October 10, 2009

AMAZINGG!

This was soooooooooo good! I read it in one day because I was so interested ! Ommg! It was amazing ! It didnt have that much swearing but it was for someone who was mature ! I loveeeeed it! :)

Teen, 13 years old Written byEmilyM03 September 17, 2016

Wonderful Book!

I am 13. This is the best book I have read in a while! It is hard to get through the first half, as others have said, but I believe it is worth it. There is some violence, but it is not described incredibly graphically. Ashley provokes her mother Gay at first, but she grows and matures a lot by the end of the book. Be warned it is a mature book, and not for children under 11 or children that are immature.

Kid, 12 years old November 6, 2011

I love this book but it isnt 4 little kids

This book is okay, but what if a teenage child got it and then a nine year old found it.That would be very bad. You feel pretty sorry for Ashley, and I almost cried.

Teen, 14 years old Written bycheerleader01 October 10, 2010
i loove it but i caant figure out the three little words ?

Teen, 13 years old Written byEmilyM. January 7, 2017

A mature, thoughtful look into the foster care system.

I loved this book. Any child nine or older can read this book (though it warrants discussion if you child is particularly sensitive). I recommend you read this with your children because many lessons can be learned from it. Be warned that there is some questionable role models in this book but it is unlikely your child will attempt to imitate them.

Teen, 15 years old Written bySoulathyia January 8, 2010

Eye Opener (but maybe a little exagerated)

In my opinion, it was a well done biography. However some events seemed quite exagerated. Such as riding in the backseat in a car with no doors where the driver is drunk and speeding and the toddlers fall out of the car onto the road and aren't hurt but actually laughing. Especially since it "happened often" I doubt this. Oh and some of the events while she's at the little meetings with the mosses and all the kids lie and say Mrs.Moss is the greatest care taker alive. At least one of them would have spoken up. Not to mention the inspectors what did they not see how cramped the rooms were or you know see the sun burns and injuries on the children or maybe smell the horrible stenches? All together the book was good it really opens your eyes to some of the horrors that go on in the foster care systems.

Teen, 14 years old Written bylil_taila00 October 18, 2009
I read this book and i couldn't put it down. It is very touching and tells some shocking things. it makes you think about how horrible some people can be and how children suffer. it makes you want to do something about children in foster-homes that move from home to home.