Parent and Kid Reviews on

Our Review

Based on 17 kid reviews

Sort by:

somewhat disappointing

I found Tunnels to have a very misleading cover and overlook, mainly because it looks like such an interesting book, but once I started to actually read it, all of my book club, including me, didn't seem to enjoy it. I think that I started to get very minor interest once the father went missing, but that was about it.

Good

Don't understand how it is violent I have read more violent books and it does not describe the injury to the full extent to give kids nightmares

Dark but a good read

The book Tunnels is dark but also is a good book to read if you want to improve your reading skills. Tunnels is a slow book and can be violent at some times ( like when a Stalker hurts Will). There are great roll models like Chester who will help his friend at any costs. This book is slow at the start but once it picks up pace there is no putting it down. Its vocabulary is good and is definitely something you should read if your trying to up your level. The book Tunnels is dark but is also a great read.

It became one of my favorite series.

I really love the tunnels series! THE BEST!

A very pleasant read. There is some swearing, over four "Shits".

Darker than seems

I think that this book would be good for more mature 10-12 years old and young teens. The whole psychological torture thing creeped me out a bit, and I'm 14. Doesn't seem that dark in the beginning but it truly is. Good book overall, but it took a while to get into it.

It is Kinda Violent

I have to admit, Tunnels start quite slow but once you get in the 'zone' then it's almost impossible to stop reading. I don't it's that violent. The violence in the book is when they get tortured and when his arm gets injured by a stalker.

Tunneling Into This Book!

You need to read! starts off a bit slow in the beginning, but after that I was hooked onto the action, suspense, and settings that the book took me to! Had me a little queasy at some graphic parts though. MUST READ!

Awesome

I think that the Tunnels series is great!It is VERY graphic, but in my opinion, just a great book. I'm reading Deeper (the sequel) right now, and can't wait for Closer! If you don't mind lots of violence (like me) the book is awesome. If you aren't really a fan of it, then I would NOT read this book.