Parent and Kid Reviews on

Our Review

Based on 5 kid reviews

Sort by:

Best book ever

Awesome book to read! I was very emotional at the end. I recommend this.! Became my favorite book once I read it!

A good story for kids and teens

Upside Down In The Middle Of Nowhere is a touching and educational story about a 10-year-old girl that lives through Hurricane Katrina. It is a touching story with great life lessons of love and family

This is a beautiful story!

I enjoyed reading this so much! Armani is a good role model and it really helped me understand what exactly happened to the sufferers of Hurricane Katrina, which ended before I was born. There is no swears, a little bit of consumerism, but not too much. There is also some drinking (Armani's cousin's father drinks, but that's it). There is a ton of violence, but not physical acts of violence for the most part, it's mostly just Katrina itself. However, it's a great book and has a lot of role models, good messages, and educational value. I would rate it 8+ because overall it is not in appropriate. If your child loved Inside Out+ Back Afain he or she will love this!

the upside down in the middle of nowhere

Armani struggles against her parents. Armani wants to have her birthday party to go on, therefore her parents want to cancel it because there is a storm coming and its to dangerous. The theme is Always prepare yourself of whats coming up to you. Upside down in the middle of nowhere is an interesting book where you will find out a girl named Armani wants to have her 10th birthday party with her friends but she can't because there is a hurricane coming up in her city. Her parents decided to cancel her party. Her father has been acting weird, and worried lately because of the storm. Armani was angry at her parents at first but not any more she's having her party but her friends can't come because its to dangerous. Her uncle Charlie warned everyone to evacuate the city.

Sad, but a great story

I liked reading this story, though it nearly made me cry in some sections. Her family didn't get out before the hurricane hit and the book tells how she took care of her siblings without help from her parents. It shows the fear of all the people, how selfish some were, and how caring others were. Over all this was a great read, has great role models and educational value.