Kid reviews for Violet in Bloom: A Flower Power Book

Tween friends tackle healthy relationships and food choices.

No reviews yetAdd your rating

Kid, 12 years old November 23, 2015

ok

This book is all right. It's nothing special, and is easily forgettable, but it appeals to younger kids and makes an effort to introduce different cultures. My only problem with the flower power series, is that the plots are rather bland, and they carry so many stereotypes it hurts. Not only this, but most of the books is just literally chat screenshots of the main characters. Their internet language is so atrociously cringe worthy i felt like i lost a few brain cells reading it. It felt like the author was trying to hard. Overall this book is all right.

Kid, 9 years old June 17, 2011

good choice for tweens

I enjoyed reading this book. I especially liked the fact the author knew alot about other religions. For example, Yasaman the turkish girl, is a muslim.Lauren Myracle introduced to the readers accurate facts about the religion Islam. I also like that she wrote some turkish words. ( I even learned some turkish words myself!)

Kid, 9 years old January 25, 2011

Perfect for ages 9+!

I love this book!

Teen, 15 years old Written byVioletv May 27, 2018

this is offensive

my name is violet and this offends me

Teen, 14 years old Written byNadia Cloud May 27, 2018

Stupid book

I did not read the Violet book but I read Luv a Bunches and it was very stupid. It was about a bunch a flowery fifth graders who did a bunch of stupid things.

Kid, 12 years old March 27, 2018

Yeah...

These books are not bad at all! I read them in 4th grade and they were very cheesy however they are very light and happy. I love the fact that one girl is muslim one girl has lesbian parents and they are all of different shapes and sizes. That is the best part because there are soooo many books about perfect girls with perfect families and this is way more realistic. However its not the most well written book ever but worth a read overall.